www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > Dieselgate - VW Group Emission Scandal

Dieselgate - VW Group Emission Scandal Discussion around the VW Dieselgate Emissions scandal. Details and news updates can be viewed here: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=448336 This forum is a work in progress depending on requirements, usage, etc.

Old October 1st, 2018, 13:06   #16
flargabarg
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyehead View Post
We ended up with the S 75D, Silver, White Interior, EAP, Carbon fiber. Considered the X 75D but based on a few factors and that the S is "big enough" it was the logical choice. May get an X in a couple of years when my Alfa lease is up just to have extra room for passengers.
I'll warn you though - don't test drive a Tesla if you're not ready to buy one. You'll just set yourself up for massive disappointment when you get back into your 'fixed' diesel. The instant torque is addicting.
Funnily enough when the Tesla sales guy came to my house to give me a test drive (yes they do that, and in a P100D) after he left my Q7 refused to start up. Had to get a new battery. I think it knew it was destined for a used car lot and didn't want to leave the garage or give up its spot.
Did you drive the X? Because I drove both and that's how I ended up an X90D. You are totally right that you should never drive one if you have the means to afford one, unless you are ready to buy.
flargabarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2018, 10:34   #17
dyehead

Quote:
Originally Posted by flargabarg View Post
Did you drive the X? Because I drove both and that's how I ended up an X90D. You are totally right that you should never drive one if you have the means to afford one, unless you are ready to buy.
We didn't drive the X. Looking back we probably should have just to avoid future "we should have" conversations but I was pretty set on shifting to a car smaller than the Q7 for a while.

We'll look at it again in a couple of years but I try and wait a while before investing in a new(ish) model and with all of the fit/finish issues I kind of led with the S. The extra ~10-15k on the price tag also helped with that choice too I guess
dyehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2018, 16:33   #18
flargabarg
Veteran Member

The Y is coming soon, and without the silly doors I would expect it to be much more reliable and sensible. Probably good to wait if you wanted smaller, too.
flargabarg is offline   Reply With Quote