2 yrs AFTER the buy-back, my eligibility status is in question?!

rte2MA

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI
27+ months after they bought back my 2011 Golf TDI, I just received this email from TDISettlementSupport_NoReply@vw.com:
================
You are receiving this notification because you have submitted a claim in the 2.0L Volkswagen Diesel Emissions Settlement Program and have recently either received a final offer letter, completed your claim, or had your claim deemed ineligible.
This is a reminder that the 2.0L Volkswagen and Audi Diesel Emissions Settlement Program will conclude on December 30, 2018. If you wish to appeal an eligibility determination related to your claim, you must submit your appeal to the Claims Review Committee by no later than January 13, 2019. Any appeals that are emailed or post-marked after January 13, 2019 will not be considered by the Claims Review Committee.
To submit an appeal to the Claims Review Committee, you must send a written request to appeal to the Claims Review Committee, P.O. Box 214500, Auburn Hills, MI 48321 or crc@vwcourtsettlement.com.
Your request must include the following information:
Claimant’s name, address, telephone number, VIN of the affected vehicle and Claim Reference Number.
A statement explaining why you believe the ineligibility determination was in error and any supporting documentation. Please note that you do not need to resubmit any documents that you previously provided in connection with your claim.
After your claim is received and reviewed by the Claims Review Committee, you will receive a final determination as to your eligibility status.
===============
Is this happening to anyone else?
And can anyone tell me what constitutes "supporting documentation" to support my case? Of course, it's probably impossible to ask the Claims Review Committee that question. :eek:

TDIforDays

Veteran Member
TDI
few of each 2.0 and 3.0
You are fine, I got those emails on all claims that I simply checked value on and didnt go forward.

Ignore it

compu_85

Gadget Guy
TDI
... None :S
We got the same message, I presume because I'd had to re-start the process at one point.

VW is still sending us recall notices too.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
system error or someone is trying to ping vw system with fake claims with VINs and they already had your contact they may thought it was you and sent out the email.

JoshMcMadMac

TDI
NMS Passat SE
Re-read the email, it is simply a reminder.

"You are receiving this notification because you have submitted a claim in the 2.0L Volkswagen Diesel Emissions Settlement Program and have recently either received a final offer letter, completed your claim, or had your claim deemed ineligible."

Take it again, in your context:

"You are receiving this notification because you have submitted a claim in the 2.0L Volkswagen Diesel Emissions Settlement Program and have...completed your claim."

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
I got two of those, which promptly it the trashcan. VW is just wrapping up loose ends and making sure that they have contacted everyone that started a claim. Regardless of the outcome of that claim.

rte2MA

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI
Thanks everybody. I must have VW-induced PTSD - any communication from VW now triggers a panic attack. After reading that thing 10x I realize they don't actually say there's an eligibility issue. They just sent me extensive instructions for appealing an eligibility determination for the lulz.
Good work VW. That was really impressive. :rolleyes: