2013 Volkswagen Beetle TDI: This toy is diesel-powered

LRTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
RIP 16 GSW... Just the LR diesel now
Yeah I almost bought one, but decided to go with the Jetta instead. If I ever traveled with my 2 girls and they had to ride on the back seat, there is not much room there.

Maybe once they go to college, that will be my next car ;) .
Nope thats not going to happen. The girls will take the convertible over the Jetta every day.

BeetleGo

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
5-door, 5-speed Golf GLS replaced BeetleGo.
I loved my Beetle. The front seats were so big and comfortable, and safe! The center of gravity was awesome, being equidistant between the front and back wheels. The rear portion could swallow much more than it was ever given credit for. There was no way you would hit that dash window in an accident, and when my brother flipped it, he walked away unscathed and he was going (very) highway speeds.

Then the car got lady-fied. And instead of improving the car, they simply changed it -for the worse IMHO. Can you say, "two-toned automatic convertible?"

Now we have the NEW New Beetle. Yawn. VW should never have gone down the Beetle road. While it has grown on me since coming to market, I'd rather have the Golf or Jetta Sportwagon. Which I do! I love my Golf. Should have gone with it first!

johnboy00

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat Wagon, 2004 Jetta, 2003 Jetta wagon
I saw a dealer driving a new convertible beetle tdi down Rt 1 in Norwood on Monday. While it didn't look horrible, I don't like the way the front bumber now looks. It looks like the fenders are an extension of the front bumper, while on the original new beetle it was more like the bumper was an extension of the fenders, if that makes any sense.

TDI2000Zim

Veteran Member
TDI
VW hat meinen '14 Passat TDiSE getötet.
I had a New Beetle for 12 years. The current version, which I nickname 'New Super-Beetle', suffers from a SQUARE JAW cosmetic disease (it looks like Jay Leno's jaw).

I guess it is related to the redesign of the engine compartment, and dare I say, its new larger radiator (for example, my former Beetle TDi suffered a lot from overheating).

I'm not sure much can be done to improve the design, except replacing the radiator with a more efficient unit (but there isn't that much that can be done to radiator designs which use a propylene glycol mix coolant).

If it is any comfort, the Square Jaw looks more masculine.

forcedfedbug

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 jetta, Totalled late 11. 2012 Passat TDI w/DSG and a 2012 Golf TDI. Golf traded for a 2013 beetle
NEW new beetle

I have had mine for less than a tank. its a 6m and compared to my 2000 1.8t I find them the same. Same fun to drive, Same quite ride(the 1.8 has an after market exhaust so is louder). Same safe feeling, Same same same. I however love them both so cant really say anything bad about either. the 2000 is quicker off the line and has a higher top end but gets worse gas mileage. The 13 feels the same but is quieter and gets better gas mileage. over all I am glad the car did not loose that special quality the beetle has always had.

Ron

rooney77

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Beetle
I gotta say my mother's 2013 TDI beetle convertible is a lot quieter than I expected. It's also a lot peppier too. I'm glad they ditched the huge dash.