SoCal Show and Shine, Wrenching, Dyno GTG June 20, 2015

john.jackson9213

Top Post Dawg
TDI
1996 B4V
TDTuning has said they would be attending IF there is enough interest. So If you want to get your TDI tuned, this is a great time to get that tune you have been meaning to get. Contact vwmikel directly for more information - but it would not hurt to post your requests here for all of us to know.

CHECKERED

TDI
BMW E92 335i, Audi S4, 911
So far we have 5 TDIs for the Dyno Run. We need at least 9 cars to cover the cost of the full day rental.
Should be able to handle up to 12 cars. If you want to dyno your car, Post Up ASAP and make your payment by June 3. See first post for details.
Hi John
thank you for the email,
my account was approved so I can post my interest in the dyno day

I am interested to run my BMW 335i RWD
and my buddy is interested to run his BMW 535xit AWD

I understand this event is primarily for TDi owners, so we are both on the 'wait' list.
-Alex

john.jackson9213

Top Post Dawg
TDI
1996 B4V
Updated Dyno list to add CHECKERED.

We need 3 more cars to make the event happen.

Please post up if you would like to run you TDI.

Also, If you want to get your car tuned, send a p.m. to vwmikel. If there is enough interest, then TDTuning could make the trip from Las Vegas.

john.jackson9213

Top Post Dawg
TDI
1996 B4V
Dyno list has been updated. Now a total of 7 participants and about 3 more weeks for the Go/noGo deadline. So we are looking very much we will have the GTG and Dyno run!

Right now we need to fill TWO more slots for sure. Should be able to run 12 cars or a bit more in the day.

Also, if you are looking to get your TDI chip tuned at this event, post up here and contact vwmikel by p.m. This is a great chance to get a tuner to come to you for the tune!

All TDIClub members are welcome to attend. Show your car, see how others have solved some issues. In general, just share experience and ideas. Dont forget to bring your beverage of choice and anything else you might want!

Anyone looking for "parts" or "spares" should also post that in this thread. You never know who just might have the things you need in their garage.

Lastly, the dyno is a 4 wheel dyno. So they can do FWD, RWD or AllWheel drive just the same.

vwxyzero

Veteran Member
TDI
'96 Passat Sedan, '96 TDI Passat Wagon, & Jetta Sedan, '83 Turbodiesel (IDI)
Have fun everyone, it's unlikely I'll make it this year, to many things on my plate...

john.jackson9213

Top Post Dawg
TDI
1996 B4V
Update We now have the "magic number" of NINE to make this event happen.

If you want to participate with your TDI on the Dyno Runs, we still have room. So

Please post your interest soon.

We are not just over 4 weeks from the Dyno Day and just over 2 weeks before the June 3 payment deadline.

As you know, the cost to rent the dyno is $750 for the day and we need 9 advance payments of $85 each to cover the $750 rental fee. As of this morning, we have verbal commitments for the necessary 9 participants. So I am asking each of you to please make your reservation payment of $85 ASAP.

My paypal account email is: johnj92131@yahoo.com Please help us avoid Paypal fees by using the "friends or family" feature Paypal provides.

Several non TDIClub car owners have asked if they could also participate. You have noticed a couple of BMW owners on the list. This has helped us reach the "magic number" to make the event happen. But rest assured, this is a TDIClube event. TDIs will get priority. We expect to be able to run a total of 12-14 cars for the day. That will make for a successful TDIClub fund raiser and a good time for all participants or spectators. After June 5, 2015 - We will open the dyno to additional non TDI cars. HEY - it's a FUND RAISER.

Please contact me with any question, by email or by phone/text at 619 322-4353. And also please share your phone number with me so we can keep you up to date with any last minute schedule changes. I do not expect any changes - but better to be able to contact you than not.

See you at the GTG!

John Jackson

Last edited:

CHECKERED

TDI
BMW E92 335i, Audi S4, 911
Payment sent! :D

I am following up with my buddy who has a BMW 535xit AWD, to see if he is confident running on the dyno (he recently had some 2nd gear issues) but on the dyno we will use 3rd or 4th gear so shouldn’t be a problem.

I should hear back by the end of the day

Last edited:

john.jackson9213

Top Post Dawg
TDI
1996 B4V
We are up to 7 paid right now with 12 days left before we make the final go/no go payment to the shop.

We have a total of 12 spots and 3 alternate spots available. If you are still on the fence about the date, we have 3 alternate spots available.

Thomas83

Veteran Member
TDI
'02 TDI Golf 5-spd
I see my name on the S & S list, please add me to the Dyno list. I'll be sending payment today if I can figure it out before work, otherwise you'll have it before the weekend is over.

- Tom

**PAID !!**

Last edited:

Gunnar1971

TDI
2001 Golf 4dr
Also, if you are looking to get your TDI chip tuned at this event, post up here and contact vwmikel by p.m. This is a great chance to get a tuner to come to you for the tune!

Anyone looking for "parts" or "spares" should also post that in this thread. You never know who just might have the things you need in their garage.
Just bought a 2001 Golf TDI this morning. Hopefully will have enough time to get the car looked at and any repairs needed done before then.

Thomas83

Veteran Member
TDI
'02 TDI Golf 5-spd
Just bought a 2001 Golf TDI this morning. Hopefully will have enough time to get the car looked at and any repairs needed done before then.
Awesome !! Should have plenty of time to get her ready, if not, maybe somebody has something you need.

john.jackson9213

Top Post Dawg
TDI
1996 B4V
If you are looking for a shop to have your TDI checked out - Go to Wild Rose Motors on Meyer Road in Whittier. Harvex used to be a regular here on the TDIClub for many years. He is a real guru on the earlier TDI with may loyal customers. But he is winding down his business with plans for retirement. Give him a call. He really know our older TDI cars inside and out.

http://www.vwtdionly.com/

Looking forward to seeing you and the car.

Gunnar1971

TDI
2001 Golf 4dr
Thanks guys, funny thing was I was hunting for a bumper cover for my GMC Envoy and saw the Golf at Ecology in Santa Fe Springs, grabbed the keys and she fired right up, seemed to run well and went into all gears fine with no lights on the dash.

Only "problem" is since she was sold to Ecology, she will now have a rebuilt title, but that isn't a problem for me.

I have seen Wild Rose mentioned on here, so he will be getting my business. Just need to get the vehicle in my driveway. Where would I put a "New to me" car build thread?

Digital Corpus

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'97 B4 w/ 236K mi body, 46K mi soul
TonyJetta has a [re]build thread in the B4/A3 section along with 3-4 others. Each area is a little sub-community, but I'd imagine the folks in the A4 section wouldn't mind.

SFHGolfTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jolf GLS TDI - Reflex Silver (purchased 2011) | Previously: 2001 Golf GL TDI - Indigo Blue (sold 2005)
If you are looking for a shop to have your TDI checked out - Go to Wild Rose Motors on Meyer Road in Whittier. Harvex used to be a regular here on the TDIClub for many years. He is a real guru on the earlier TDI with may loyal customers. But he is winding down his business with plans for retirement. Give him a call. He really know our older TDI cars inside and out.

http://www.vwtdionly.com/

Looking forward to seeing you and the car.
Crap, he's retiring? That means we will have no gurus in Socal. He was pricey and sometimes cocky, but you knew your car was in good hands.

john.jackson9213

Top Post Dawg
TDI
1996 B4V
Crap, he's retiring? That means we will have no gurus in Socal. He was pricey and sometimes cocky, but you knew your car was in good hands.
Know he was talking about it and maybe doing a few things about it. But I have not been there since some time last year. So... plans do change or plans keep getting put off. I know how that goes. I have been talking about retiring for several years, but have not done it yet. My old boss is retiring next month - Just seem like a good time to do it for him.

SFHGolfTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jolf GLS TDI - Reflex Silver (purchased 2011) | Previously: 2001 Golf GL TDI - Indigo Blue (sold 2005)
I hope to be there, and maybe get on the dyno pending my oil analysis results. Also, I have a OEM VW Golf hatch mounted bike rack that I can bring with me if anyone is interested. Local buyer would be much easier because it is a pain to ship. See my ad, make an offer: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=439769

john.jackson9213

Top Post Dawg
TDI
1996 B4V
Now have 9 paid, confirmed for the Dyno Runs. So the GTG/Show/Shine is ON for June 20, 2015.

Those on the alternative list have expressed interest, but their payment has not been received.

We have 3 more available spots for the Dyno Runs. So If you have been on the fence, waiting to confirm the event will happen - It is on and you are free to join us.

Lastly and MOST Important, you don't have to be on the dyno list to join us for this GTG. All TDI Culb members and TDI people are welcome to join us.

Digital Corpus 4th run paid for with donations from: Thomas83, SkyRyder55, dremd. Digital Corpus is doing some cam tests.

So far, have not seen anyone interested in getting TDTuning here to tune some TDIs. No one wants a tune?

Last edited:

Thomas83

Veteran Member
TDI
'02 TDI Golf 5-spd
Does anybody know prices on the tunes and what the different stages that TDTuning offers? Since my ALH is stock, I was thinking just pushing it to 110hp? What's the limit of the stock system (clutch, nozzles, etc.)? Also thinking of socketing my ECU, thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone.

john.jackson9213

Top Post Dawg
TDI
1996 B4V
First post now has dyno run time schedule.

We still have one or two open slots for last minute additions.

Come on out, join the group.

Parking: should have 20 open parking spaces - room for lots of show and shine. Lots of time for meeting and greeting.

For Sale items: Bring them with you, just may sell your "junk" to someone who needs it.