VW Dealers Selling 2015 TDIs?

rc74racer

TDI
2015 GSW SE TDI
Does anyone know if this has started yet? I saw a 2015 TDI on the road the other day with 30 day tags from a local VW dealership and was curious.

rc74racer

TDI
2015 GSW SE TDI
No not yet. Must have been one someone traded in and didn't do the buyback?
I guess anything is possible, but I thought VW dealers were not allowed to sell any TDIs involved in this? I thought it was very odd to see a 2015 TDI with a 30 day VW dealer tag.

GoFaster

Moderator at Large
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
I guess anything is possible, but I thought VW dealers were not allowed to sell any TDIs involved in this? I thought it was very odd to see a 2015 TDI with a 30 day VW dealer tag.
Dealers have been allowed to sell used TDI cars all along, just not as CPO or new.

It's still odd, since the economics of doing a buyback on one were strongly favorable compared to selling one on the used-car market.

Romagno

TDI
2011 JSW
2015 Leftover TDI's - to go on sale in early May

I was at my dealer on Monday to turn in my 2014 Golf TDI and take delivery of a 2017 Wolfsburg Edition Golf.

The owner of the dealership told me that they should be ready to sell any leftover (new) 2015 TDI's by early May.

I have a deposit on a leftover 2015 Golf Sportwagen TDI SE with a manual tranny to replace my 2011 JSW TDI; he will call me with the selling price that VW has worked out, and if acceptable to me, I will finalize the deal.

unidenscan

TDI
03 Jetta Wagon TDI, 2010 Jetta Wagon TDI
I wonder if there will be any issues buying a 2015 that has been sitting for 2+ years.

I've been taking inventory at my area dealer lots, there are certainly plenty of 15 DSG and a few MT's.

Anyone else have a deposit down on a 2015??

Any recommendation for options to look for or isnit only S, SE, SEL lines.

viking427

Veteran Member
TDI
VW
I wouldn't count on any deals on the mothballed '15 tdi's, VW gave the dealers a very reasonable incentive to turn them in. If they instead opted to keep them, its only because they figured they'll be able to sell em at a premium.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
Folks at IDParts have reserved a total of 3, including a GSW for me. No firm pricing yet, but my dealer expects "substantial" discounts. Most speculation is for approximately 40% off MSRP. He thinks he could have pricing as soon as the end of this week. They're prepping my car now.

laminated

Veteran Member
TDI
15 Sportwagen
VW Canada released their prices on the leftovers, 7000 of the comfortline and 8000 for highline on a cash sale,, 1500 less is you ned a loan

Romagno

TDI
2011 JSW
I wonder if there will be any issues buying a 2015 that has been sitting for 2+ years.
I've been taking inventory at my area dealer lots, there are certainly plenty of 15 DSG and a few MT's.
Anyone else have a deposit down on a 2015??
Any recommendation for options to look for or isnit only S, SE, SEL lines.
I spoke with my dealer about that.

He has been starting his leftover 2015's and driving them around the block every month.

I don't think all dealers have been doing that.

I wouldn't be surprised if VW will require a fluid/filter maintenance and replacement of perishables for these cars before they are sold, since VW will be giving a new car warranty.

As for trim level, SE and SEL have sunroofs, the SEL have a sport interior and upgraded sound system.

BTW, my daughter is looking for a 2015 Golf TDI SE or SEL with manual transmission - do you know if your dealer has any? If so, please let me know his location in Connecticut.

Thanks!

IndigoBlueWagon

TDI
Cars are getting new tires, brakes, wiper blades, DEF fluid, brake fluid, and batteries.

Romago, if you find a manual transmission Golf, grab it. Those seem to be rare.

Dream492

TDI
2015 VW Golf Sportwagen TDI
Just reserved a 2015 Golf Wagen TDI Manual S trim today. They're taking a deposit for first right of refusal when they get the pricing figured out. Selling back my 2012 TDI Wagen SE. They're upgrading all the rubber, fluids, brakes, etc. "Bringing it all back up to spec. before we sell them." No firm commitment on when they'll be available though. They had more autos than manuals, which is why I put one on reserve.

unidenscan

TDI
Anyone receive any updates on when the 15's will be released? I keep hearing any day now, no solid info though.

I would be happy to grab a GSW S, manual.

Am I wrong for wanting an S in order to not get the pano??

KnightWolf

TDI
2015 Golf Comfortline
New member here, 1st post, thought I'd register since I may be buying a 2015...

Went into Maple VW Wednesday after work to look at the 2017 Golfs, found out they've got the go ahead to start selling off the 2015 TDIs. Put a deposit so they'd hold since they only have 1 manual & it wasn't on the lot yet. Going in around 11:30 to have a look at it, take it for a spin, and possibly buy. They're offing $5500 off, a new comfortline TDI for $22K (CDN) seems like a good deal to me. Sure it's 2 years old, but it's still a new car!

Anyone have any pointers on anything to watch out for? Definitely wanna make sure all fluids are changed & fresh rubber.

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
I'd really put the car through its paces on the test drive.

Romagno

TDI
2011 JSW
Anyone receive any updates on when the 15's will be released? I keep hearing any day now, no solid info though.
I would be happy to grab a GSW S, manual.
Am I wrong for wanting an S in order to not get the pano??
When I picked up my 2017 Golf MT Wolfsburg Edition on Monday (replacing my 2014 DSG Golf TDI), the dealer told me that they should be ready to go by May 1st; I have dibs on a 2015 MT GSW SE to replace my 2011 MT JSW.

Sunroof or no sunroof - that's a personal preference. I happen to like them. Neither my 2014 Golf nor my 2011 JSW had sunroofs, and I really missed the fresh air.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDI
Dealers have info they need to sell cars now. Customers will probably start taking delivery next week.

Dream492

TDI
2015 VW Golf Sportwagen TDI
Got a call today, a 2015 S trim, manual, available for $5k off MSRP with VW financing. Gonna go ahead. Like KnightWolf said, I'll take my 2-yr old new car.

KnightWolf

TDI
2015 Golf Comfortline
Just got back from the test drive, fell in love with it instantly. What an upgrade from my mk5 jetta gasser. Feels way sportier than expected, ride is super smooth... Hit about 140K in the pouring rain, felt like smooth & dry surface and had no idea I was going that fast 'till I looked at the speedo.
Going back this aft to finish the paperwork, had to get back to the office (my day on-call & client called in, of course).
Paperwork signed, will be taking delivery Thursday night! :)

Last edited:

Nutty 5.0

Veteran Member
TDI
15 GSW SEL TDI 6MT
Sis in law just put deposit in on GSW and did the paperwork today on SE 6MT. 5k off MSRP and another 1k off from dealer. They told her a week or two to take delivery.

unidenscan

TDI
Seems like there is about a 5000 discount from MSRP. 22-23%, give or take. I don't know. Certainly not the discount I was hearing.

What does everyone think??

nsocwx

TDI
2015 Golf TDI Sportwagen S
I reserved a 2015 GSW yesterday. 2k off dealer MSRP, 8500 rebate, 2 year lease, new tires, new battery, etc.

v8Billy

TDI
2015 Sportwagen
Just bought my 1st VW, apparently they released them to sell 4-15-17. Got a 2015 Sportwagen, new to the forum anxious to learn some good stuff here. I think 1st change will be tire and wheel combo. Got 5k off with 0% financing, if that is really financing!

WhatFloor

TDI
Golf 2015 TDI S Manual (Purchased new in 2017)
Pulled the trigger
15 Golf manual S / (trendline)
5k off, 0% financing
23,600 all in

Selling back my current 15 TDI when possible, delivery of new 15 TDI end May

IndigoBlueWagon

TDI
I reserved a 2015 GSW yesterday. 2k off dealer MSRP, 8500 rebate, 2 year lease, new tires, new battery, etc.
Did they tell you the residual value at the end of the lease term? if so, what percentage of the MSRP is it?