TDI
2009 campanella white loyal edition TDI
Just for fun...
the start:
at the dealer...

--
1st trip out

--
Step 1: tint & smoked side markers (sorry picture isnt great)

--
Step 2: Boyfriend wrecks car(deer); new mods opportunity!
Added GTI bumper & lip & black backed Angel Eye headlights

--
Step 3: Two toned emblem & repainted grilles matte black (my first diy experiment)

--

--

--

--
Just finished puttin her all back together today.

Whats next?
- Installing NewSouth Performance Boost Gauge & Column pod Thurs.
- Power mods, hopefully: Injectors, RC tune, maybe cold air intake.
- Other: Coilovers, (recommendations?) Wheels/tires, Black window trim

Comments & Crits Welcome!

jmutto

TDI
2009 Jetta
Welcome to the site!

I to have a white 09 Jetta and you have done EXACTLY what I want to do to the front; black angle eyes and black grill.:D

How did you end up painting the grill? What kind of paint did you use?

Last edited:

zoomd

TDI
Sanded and Sanded and Sanded, with 200 grit, then 320 grit, then 1000, primered with basic duplicolor autospray 3-4 coats, then waited a day, then sanded with 1000 lightly, then 5-6 light coats duplicolor flat black, waited 2 days. Just put it back together today, so well see if the paint holds up. Who knows, looks siick for now though!
Good luck with yours; love the dark wheels, when I have the cash laying around I'm planning on anthracite or gun metal

Ed's TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Bora and 2016 Touareg
Nice job with the unique look on the front end! As for your planned mods, you may want to read up a bit more on your TDI's engine. Once you do that, you'll see that your car's PD engine doesn't really have "injectors" that are easily (or inexpensively) upgraded. Your best bet for some more oomph would be a chip tune or tuning box, and maybe an upgraded downpipe and exhaust.

chops_555

Veteran Member
TDI
09 Jetta TDI 6spd manual Build date: 09/08
Yeah very nice. Makes me wish for a white instead of a grey... oh well

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
Schmutz, 2015 Golf Sportwagen DSG & Schnurren, 2001 Golf GL 2 door 5M
I have those wheels on ym Eurovan..

Nice looking nose mods! more pictars!

greengeeker

Vendor
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS
Ed's TDI said:
As for your planned mods, you may want to read up a bit more on your TDI's engine. Once you do that, you'll see that your car's PD engine doesn't really have "injectors" that are easily (or inexpensively) upgraded. Your best bet for some more oomph would be a chip tune or tuning box, and maybe an upgraded downpipe and exhaust.
:confused: a 2009 PD?

Nice job on the emblem! It really looks nice against the black grill.

lrpavlo

Veteran Member
TDI
09 Sportwagen DSG, 02 NB Auto
Wow really looks nice! Makes me wish I'd gotten white like I really wanted!
I wonder how it would look with these wheels?

I'd sell em.....and they are even clean now!

dzcad90

Rolex & gin
TDI
Jetta - 97 (RIP), '03 (Sold), '09
Ed's TDI said:
Nice job with the unique look on the front end! As for your planned mods, you may want to read up a bit more on your TDI's engine. Once you do that, you'll see that your car's PD engine doesn't really have "injectors" that are easily (or inexpensively) upgraded. Your best bet for some more oomph would be a chip tune or tuning box, and maybe an upgraded downpipe and exhaust.

Sorry, '09's don't have a PD engine :)

Right now, a flash is probably your best option. There are also plug-in boxes that connect to the fuel rail that promise some more power.

However, VW Commonrail tuning is still kind of an unknown at this point. European cars don't have ALL of the emissions related components that we do. They have most, but not all, so a lot of the mods that they get in Europe may not just apply to the North American cars straight out of the box.

Also, we don't know how "overbuilt" some components are on the 140HP. How much more can the turbo hold to ensure long term reliability? We don't know at this time. How much can the emissions related components handle? Again, we don't know. We don't really have a good baseline as to how long these components last on an unmodified car, let alone what tolls modifications are going to take on them.

zoomd

TDI
Boost gauge installed 2 weeks ago, perfect color match! After quite a while of staring and taking pieces out to find the right place, tapped off of the big pipe to the left under the battery. Will get pictures next time cameras in car. :) Paint on grilles & emblem holding up well so far!

Hoping to get up to H20 the 27th and see if jeff/rocketchip is tuning there......if he is, it might happen.

Pelican18TQA4

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 Jetta Hybrid
zoomd said:
Boost gauge installed 2 weeks ago, perfect color match! After quite a while of staring and taking pieces out to find the right place, tapped off of the big pipe to the left under the battery. Will get pictures next time cameras in car. :) Paint on grilles & emblem holding up well so far!

Hoping to get up to H20 the 27th and see if jeff/rocketchip is tuning there......if he is, it might happen.
Can you clarify which pipe you tapped? I'm curious because the only pipe I can think of in that area is the pipe leading from the intercooler to the intake manifold but man, it's buried in there.

zoomd

TDI
Pelican18TQA4 said:
Can you clarify which pipe you tapped? I'm curious because the only pipe I can think of in that area is the pipe leading from the intercooler to the intake manifold but man, it's buried in there.
See post earlier, with plenty of help, tapped the pipe from the IC to the intake manifold that runs underneath the battery. If you pull the batt out its on the left, big pipe. I didnt do the drilling but it didnt seem too tough to get into once we got there.

chops_555

Veteran Member
TDI
09 Jetta TDI 6spd manual Build date: 09/08
So how did you make sure that no metal particles went up into the intake manifold? Did you take that big pipe off?