What Wheel Bolt Pattern Do I Have on my 2006 Golf?

Turbospeed

TDI
2006 Golf Automatic - 237K miles
My 2006 Golf aluminum wheels are corroded and bent, and I need to get new wheels.

Problem is I am being told by some that I have 5x100 bolt pattern, and by others I have a 5x112 bolt pattern. How do I determine what my bolt pattern is?

The wheels on my car now are 15" 195/65/15

Thanks!

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
The A4 platform cars like yours (not to be confused with the Audi model the A4) have the smaller 5 bolt wheel pattern.

The A5 and B5 (and all the newer stuff) have the larger one.

The confusion probably comes from the 2006 part, as the Golf was still a carryover from before, the Jetta was not.

Any wheel from any 4th gen (1999.5-2006) Golf will work, as will anything from a 4th gen (1999.5-2005) Jetta sedan or any New Beetle, any year.

2004-06 Golfs have a unique aluminum wheel, though. Bolt pattern isn't, but the style is. So if you want those particular wheels again, you will have to narrow your search. And those cars are much rarer here than the others.

Last edited:

sonspot

TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
The A4 platform cars like yours (not to be confused with the Audi model the A4) have the smaller 5 bolt wheel pattern.

The confusion probably comes from the 2006 part, as the Golf was still a carryover from before, the Jetta was not.

Any wheel from any 4th gen (1999.5-2006) Golf will work, as will anything from a 4th gen (1999.5-2005) Jetta sedan or any New Beetle, any year.

2004-06 Golfs have a unique aluminum wheel, though. Bolt pattern isn't, but the style is. So if you want those particular wheels again, you will have to narrow your search. And those cars are much rarer here than the others.
So the bolt pattern is??? lol

Turbospeed

TDI
2006 Golf Automatic - 237K miles

Thanks for the reply! I am going to get a set of steel wheels that will put up with the Michigan pot holes.