Need help with performance

FastestTDI

TDI
2005 Jetta TDI
I just bought a 2005 Jetta TDI, (1oo horse, 180 torque) and I need to know if there is any good performance (known and proven to work) uprgrades. Mechanical or electric, for speed, acceleration and handling.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Try looking here first. This was found by clicking on the "TDIFAQ" at the top of the page.

Much of the stuff doesn't apply, as the PD is different than the older TDIs, but the chipping still does.

Mike_04GolfTDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Mine: 2019 Golf R DSG, Wife's: 2015 Golf Comfortline TDI
Try Rocketchip... Email Jeff at info@rocketchip.com

The most basic upgrade will give you 130 HP and 245 lb-ft of torque. You have to pull your ECU out (easy), send it to him in PA, and then reinstall it and possibly enter a code with Vag-Com to satisfy the immobilizer. Make sure you know someone with Vag-Com ($329 from Ross-Tech), or buy your own before doing this, unless Jeff says you don't need it.

The performance increase with this upgrade (ECU reprogramming) is VERY noticeable to say the least.

I believe Jeff's TDIClub username is "jsrmonster"

SilverTDIGolf

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Golf GLS TDI
What about bigger injectors.. I have heard that doing performance upgrades causes the clutch to slip on manual tranny's. Something to keep in mind. Might have to upgrade the clutch as well.

Try checking out the performance section too.

jettafock

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta GLS TDI auto, platinum gray, ESP
The rocketchip is great for increased performance. I have it on my 04 Jetta and have not had any issues with it. Bigger injectors is still fairly new on the PD's and I have heard that it is a lot harder to switch then the older TDIs.
Dan

Kaneman23

TDI
2004 Jetta - Gone
Dan,

How does your Auto Transmission seem to be holding up since the chip install? Any change in shift points or anything unusual? I know after I supercharged my 99' Toyota Tacoma (Auto), it seemed to slip and shift really funky.. I had to change the way I drove it..

Also, did you take any preventive measure to insure from over-boosting? How many miles have you put on your car since the chip upgrade?

BTW, I have the same car!

jettafock

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta GLS TDI auto, platinum gray, ESP
The tranny is holding up just fine. I haven't had any issues with that. I have around 10k miles on now since I have been chipped.
I have added a boost valve to keep me from over boosting. I have overboosted once before the valve. I have also installed a boost gauge so you can set the boostvalve properly. You can get the valve from www.boostvalve.com

I HAD the same car as you. It is far from a stock looking or driving car now.

Dan

Kaneman23

TDI
2004 Jetta - Gone
<<<I HAD the same car as you. It is far from a stock looking or driving car now.
Dan>>>

I will catch you soon enough!

Thanks for the info, I do appreciate it..

JoeHafner

Registered Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
Jetta 2014
We carry a full line of tuning boxes for All VW TDI'S as well as the PD engines. Horsepower and torque are increased by up to 30% without any increase in Turbo pressures. The install takes less than 1 hour without any interuption to the wiring harness or ECU. The modification is also not detected using the VW test equipment. The gains are amazing and are achieved strictly by altering fuel mapping. Developed, manufactured and tested in Germany and comes with a 3 year warranty on all products. [image]
[/image] http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v398/jhafner/top1.jpg

Mike_04GolfTDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Mine: 2019 Golf R DSG, Wife's: 2015 Golf Comfortline TDI
The tuning box method has been tried before by a club member (deathengine) and he found that it made lots of power at first, but then the ECU slowly dials back the fuel to normal (probably with help from O2 sensor readings). Does this tuning box do anything to address that issue? It probably works on European PD's, but they don't have an oxygen sensor if I recall from previous discussions on this subject....

JoeHafner

Registered Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
Jetta 2014
We have had no problems or complaints with power backing off over time here in North America. I have several local customers with PD engines and have had no complaints at all. If you have any further questions please feel free to ask. This was a dyno test done on Tuesday at Kinetic Motorsports with a 05 Jetta PD TDI with no other mods except the Dieseltuning module. Joe [image]
[/image]