Best Relay or wire to put hot wire in for External fuel pump

torahtom

TDI
1996 Passat Sedan, 250K
Best Relay or Wire to Put Hot Wire in for External Fuel Pump

I left Kauai for about 4 months and some green goo algae formed in my tank:(. The lines and tank are completely cleaned out along with the fuel sender (fun 2 day job):mad:. Now I have to blast the algae goo out of the pump:D. Going to attach a 1-2 pound external pump before the fuel filter. Don't have my e-bahn with me to find a pin or relay in the fusebox that is switched on when the ignition is on. I don't want the pump running off the battery constantly. Anyone know which relay or pin or wire to put the hot wire on for the external pump that will make the pump come on only when the ignition switch is on?:confused: I need to give the pump a kickstart with an external pump. I would not wish this project on my ex mother-in-law.:eek: Thanks, torahtom

Last edited:

G60ING

Top Post Dawg
TDI
No TDIs Currently, I have an R36 Corrado. I've had an ALH Corrado swap, AHU Corrado swap and 2003 TDI Jetta
There are several black 15 circuit outputs on the plugs located on the back of the fuse box that are not used whcihc are fused. Off the top of my head I can tell you that W3 is a 15 circut wire that is ignition controlled but it is not fused.

torahtom

TDI
1996 Passat Sedan, 250K
Shaloha

G60ING,

Thanks for your help. Found a pump today and hope to get it running tomorrow. tom