19561- valve for intake manifold flap (n239): open or short to ground
p3105 - 35-10 - - - intermittent

17664 - engine coolant temp sensor (g62) open or short to plus
p1256 - 35-10 - - - intermittent

19586 - egr system regulation range exceeded
p3130 - 35-10 - - - intermittent

16764 - glow plug/heater (q6) circuit: malfunction
p0380 - 35-00 - -

I have cleaned the intake without busting anything and all vaccum holds and electrical connections are tight. Runs good. What valve? How to check it? I don't have my book yet but soon. Need images to find it.

Same for the coolant temp sensor.

Egr regulation range exceeded? Why would this happen? What causes it?

All glow plugs check good and have been replaced two weeks ago with new glow plugs. What is the heater portion of this code about? I have been looking around my vag-com stuff I have printed from the forum but found nothing yet.

By the way, the first two would not clear and the bottom two did but came back when I started the car.

Please help. The car is a 2001 Beetle TDI

Thanks a bunch
gottdi :D

GoFaster

Moderator at Large
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
19561 code is your anti-shudder valve (looks like a throttle, and it's within the EGR housing). It is vacuum operated. The fault is an electrical fault related to the solenoid valve that controls it. Is the valve plugged in securely? Are the terminals corroded? Has the insulation on any of the wiring to that solenoid worn through?

17664 is your coolant temperature sensor. There is a wiring fault to it. Again, check if it is plugged in properly. If not, just replace the sensor, it's not expensive (but make sure you get the right one for your vehicle).

16764 is a glow-plug fault. The glow plug circuits are not drawing the specified amount of current when the ignition is switched on, or there is a difference between the two circuits (it has two glow plugs on each circuit and compares them - current should be +/- the same).

Note: All of these circuits are grounded through the drivetrain ground strap. You may have a bad ground somewhere. Check the connections from the engine/transmission ground strap to the battery - both ends.

The last code means you have a problem with either the EGR valve or the EGR solenoid valve. Is the EGR valve working properly?

compu_85

Gadget Guy
TDI
... None :S
I tripped the Shudder Vlave code once by trying to restart the engine right after switching the ignition off. (I had stalled it, and needed to go now ) My guess is the comptuer still had the flap closed for shutdown, and also wanted it open at the same time. But my code was short to B+, so maybee yours is actually busted?

-Jason

MOGolf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Golf GLS TDI Reflex silver, rough road suspension and steel skid plate, 2004 Passat Variant, Candy White, rough road suspension and geared balanced shaft module, and much, much more. 2016 LR RR HSE TD6, 2019 Jaguar I-PACE

gottdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 TDI Yellow Beetle GLS
When I had the egr off for cleaning I checked the vaccum operation and all was well with both the egr and shudder flap. Now I did cut both vaccum lines and installed a plastic insert to splice them both together. I think the shudder valve vaccum might now be too narrow to allow quick enough vaccum buildup before the computer thinks its bad and threw this code. I will check vaccum lines again and check for leaks. I will check sensors connections. Where is the cooant temp sensor (visual would be helpful 2001 Beetle). I don't know where it's located. No bently yet but coming. I will for sure check the grounding straps. Thanks for letting me know the grounding source and where to find it.

I will report back tomorrow with electrical and vaccum checks. Gota go to work now.

Thanks
Pete