Vag com code 00527 - code reader P1161

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Galactic Blue Jetta TDI, '15 Silk Blue Golf Sportwagen TDI
I did search of few different types-didn't find anything specific.I am throwing a code-vag-com is 00527-Intake manifold temp.sensor 6-72 30-00-open or short to plus.Code from actron reader says P1161-I erased it once w/ actron,now it won't clear it.Didn't seem to affect drivability-any ideas on where to start looking?

MOGolf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Golf GLS TDI Reflex silver, rough road suspension and steel skid plate, 2004 Passat Variant, Candy White, rough road suspension and geared balanced shaft module, and much, much more. 2016 LR RR HSE TD6, 2019 Jaguar I-PACE
Make sure the intake temp sensor is plugged in. The sensor is located in the black intake pipe leading to the intake manifold.

alphaseinor

TDI Innovator, Gone but Not Forgotten
TDI
'03 Jetta TDI 780,000 miles (totaled out), 01 Audi TT 225 Quattro 230,000 Miles (runs great!), 00 Cabreetle Beetle dash, ALH & MK4 harness Swap
actually it's the intake manifold temp sensor which is on the intake manifold (I think it's the one that's clipped in behind the manifold)... can't remember exactly where it is...

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Galactic Blue Jetta TDI, '15 Silk Blue Golf Sportwagen TDI
I did remove all pipes around IM yesterday-I will double check again. The black pipe going from top to intercooler or top to turbo? I didn't see no sensor on manifold(A3).