VW wants another power of attorney...

16vjohn

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
EA288 CVCA 6MT
There's been a FedEx document mailer sitting between the screen door and inner door for who knows how long. Probably early November. It's a door I don't use often. But you know, they want it returned "as soon as possible"... I'm thinking I may sit on this for 12-14 months. Perhaps I'll lose it a few times. Perhaps I no longer support FedEx and require facsimile or telegraph. Perhaps I'll have to consult with my general counsel until next September? Perhaps I still need to hire some teenagers fresh out of high school to process their request?

:eek:Perhaps I just don't give a flying frak and I'll toss it in the bin?:eek:

I have the settlement money, I cancelled the registration a year ago. I have every incentive to drag this out as long as I possibly can. The question is, do I be a dick about it or not?

Fourplay

, TDI Parts Ninja Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2014 A8L
Perhaps I'll lose it a few times. Perhaps I no longer support FedEx and require facsimile or telegraph. Perhaps I'll have to consult with my general counsel until next September?
Please, please, please, do this. It would be absolutely hilarious.

Signed,
All of us who have struggled with this horrible process for a year and a half now.

GoFaster

Moderator at Large
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
So they already paid you?

They can wait for that paperwork. They can wait a loooooong time, for that time possibly far in the future when you eventually get a Round Tuit.

Rico567

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL Premium (Turned in 7/7/18)
To the OP: the question, if this were me, Is whether or not I'm going to be living up (or down) to VW's standards, or my own.

16vjohn

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
EA288 CVCA 6MT
I got the money already, yes. The car is long gone and I considered the matter closed last January.

To the OP: the question, if this were me, Is whether or not I'm going to be living up (or down) to VW's standards, or my own.
I get your drift... but, I'm fully willing to step down to their standards in this case. It would make me feel a lot better, I would also feel karma is served, and lord knows those asshats deserve a lot worse.

GoFaster

Moderator at Large
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
Find someone who is legitimately in limbo because of a "salvage title" issue (i.e. someone who owned the car through the period in question and got in a crash - not a "flipper"). Then send them a letter that you will send them the filled-out power of attorney form when your friend with the salvage title gets paid.

Fourplay

, TDI Parts Ninja Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2014 A8L
Find someone who is legitimately in limbo because of a "salvage title" issue (i.e. someone who owned the car through the period in question and got in a crash - not a "flipper"). Then send them a letter that you will send them the filled-out power of attorney form when your friend with the salvage title gets paid.
Ooooh, yes, this.