700 Mile club finally!!

rix337

Veteran Member
TDI
09 Jetta TDI
Finally made 700 on this last tank. 709, it took 14.3 gallons to fill her back up. It was a trip from Atlanta to Tampa. then some local driving while I was down there. A couple trips over to St Pete and about 35 miles heading back toward Atlanta. I was sweating it with the local driving, but I made it. Display said I had 10 miles to empty. It showed 48.0 mpg, but when I figured it out on paper, it was more like 49.8. I waited for to foaming to go down quite a bit too on the refill, so I am pretty sure it is close to acurate.

rix337

Veteran Member
TDI
09 Jetta TDI
Actully did not drive too carefully. Ran about 65-70 on the way down, and then in town diving was a minimum. No coasting in neutral or anything like that, just no heavy footing, haha.

aje28

TDI
2009 TDI JSW
I wish I could get even close to that....I struggle to hit 38....average 33-35 with 60% city 40% highway....did you do any mods?

rix337

Veteran Member
TDI
09 Jetta TDI
No, no mods. I did notice that after we took off the bicycle rack, even though it had a fairing on it, it made huge difference for highway driving. When we do mostly city driving, we average 36-38. But the highway we now get at least 44. On this trip we happened to fill up at the highway exit so it was 550 miles of just expressway to start and we are almost 1000 ft above sea level here and Tampa is basically sea level so we had that going for us too.

Joeym4692

Veteran Member
TDI
09 Jetta
Very nice! I would love to hit the 700 mile club one day.
Problem being going back and forth to work I'm forced to deal with hills everyday.