Highest Mileage EA288's?

adjat84th

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 Jetta TDI/'15 Golf TDI
almost 10k

no issues except howling real brakes when i back up and touch them
My wife's '15 wagon exhibits the brake noise as did her previous '13 GTI. My '15 Golf with 30k has never made a peep! I wonder what the difference is between her wagon and my golf?

dervdave

TDI
Toyota Hilux 3.0d / Golf mk7 GTD
Any updates..... there must be some substantial mileages now ? :)

Southalabama84

TDI
2015 VW Golf TDI S
I left the garage with 85,000 on the odometer this morning. Bought in Nov. 2014 so averaging around 20,000 a year. I'm sure there are a lot higher out there, I'd have more but can't fit three carseats in the back so we use the wife's most of the time.

15TDICommuter

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW
Purchased CPO w/32k in January of 2019. Sitting at 52k as of today, so 20k in 6 months.

Issues: nothing that has brought me to the dealer, yet. But - cruise control cut out 5 times randomly, long cranks in the morning. Had one issue connect to Bluetooth but likely a phone issue.

Likely to climb hard for the next 5 weeks, then shall be a bit more normal..(new job, half the commute 50-80 miles vs 150 miles daily starting the end of July.)

dervdave

TDI
Purchased CPO w/32k in January of 2019. Sitting at 52k as of today, so 20k in 6 months.
Issues: nothing that has brought me to the dealer, yet. But - cruise control cut out 5 times randomly, long cranks in the morning.
Have you seen my post on the long crank fix ?

cascade7997

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Golf TDI sold, 2015 Golf SE TDI 6MT
Only about 147,000 on my 2015 SE Golf.
Just returned from a 6k trip from SC to Utah
No problems. Kept the maintenance up including a timing belt change as scheduled.

Howard Garner

Nuje

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Sportwagen; Golf GLS 2002 (swap from 2L gas); 2016 A3 e-tron
But - cruise control cut out 5 times randomly, long cranks in the morning.
Cruise control will cut out if it senses any kind of wheel-spin (like in heavy rain, if one of the wheels hydroplanes for even a fraction of a second).

15TDICommuter

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW
Cruise control will cut out if it senses any kind of wheel-spin (like in heavy rain, if one of the wheels hydroplanes for even a fraction of a second).

Yep, not the case though. Dry pavement and interstate speeds. Likely a sensor issue or something in that realm.

15TDICommuter

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW

VVT system, oil driven. Dirtier oil in the smaller passages of the original design causing the 'plunger' to possible stick and throw the timing off. Roughly 15:40 in the video.

Haven't brought it up to the dealer but likely will when I have time to stop by and talk with them. Doubt they will do anything about until it becomes a larger issue, if that is even possible.

Ooga

TDI
Mk7 SportWagen
sitting just north of 60k miles. Might have a rear wheel bearing and or brake issue that im about to dig into. The E brake button broke off and warranty said they will cover (100k bumper to bumper we got at time of purchase) i just haven't taken it to a shop yet. Other then that I have been pretty stoked on the wagon.

mxtdiguy

Veteran Member
TDI
'16 sportwagen TDI sel 6mt
almost 10k

no issues except howling real brakes when i back up and touch them

26k on my 2016 and my rear brakes have howled since new when braking and backing up as well

Embarrassing mostly, very loud. Seems to be worst after exposure to moisture

At least my pano roof doesn't leak anymore !

dervdave

TDI
Theres a 2016 Golf GTD for sale on ebay with 174K !

Rob M

TDI
1996 Passat TDI 5spd, 2013 Jetta TDI 6spd (Turning in), 2015 Jetta TDI 6spd, 2015 GSW SEL 6spd
2015 Jetta TDI just hit 80k
2015 GSW TDI just hit 46 k

Both Manuals. Jetta was bought pre fix and had the mods done, Golf was a stop sale vehicle. no real issues with the engines but they do get a slight pinging in the golf at just below 2000 rpms. intermittent ch engine ligtht about 1x per year comes on once but goes away. has to do with the add blue. but I havent done anything with it as it stays off except for a brief time.
Battery on the Golf was just replaced. dirvers side AC on the golf just started blowing only heat today, which is why I am on the boards again. light switch on drivers side visor vanity on Jetta had problem causing blown fuse that was was on the same circuit as ECU, so car would not start. otherwise fine.

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Galactic Blue Jetta TDI, '15 Silk Blue Golf Sportwagen TDI
Almost 39k now on the '15 GSW, 40k service upcoming at dealer in next few months. Driving the '03 quite a bit lately, just like the 5 spd better;););)....

fase2000TDI

Vendor
TDI
2003 Jettawagon TDI; 2015 GSW 6MT
VVT system, oil driven. Dirtier oil in the smaller passages of the original design causing the 'plunger' to possible stick and throw the timing off. Roughly 15:40 in the video.
Haven't brought it up to the dealer but likely will when I have time to stop by and talk with them. Doubt they will do anything about until it becomes a larger issue, if that is even possible.
at 18:11 when he replaces it, he just cranks on the bolt, but all he showed was using the lockdown pin on the cam - no way that could hold the torque required. Is he just not showing that he's counter-holding the cam?

Anyone who sees a lot of these want to chime in?

15TDICommuter

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW
at 18:11 when he replaces it, he just cranks on the bolt, but all he showed was using the lockdown pin on the cam - no way that could hold the torque required. Is he just not showing that he's counter-holding the cam?
Anyone who sees a lot of these want to chime in?

I'm not sure as I haven't watched that video for a while.

I would think that the pin likely can hold that torque?