Trusted TDI Mechanics - By State

paix247

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 VW Golf 4-Door in Shark Blue
BinTHEgrove said:
I've read through the post and saw only a couple listings for MN trusted mechanics. One, deafbug who's site isn't available and then a few others but they looked like generic posts with no input backing the mechanics. Anyone pleased with a TDI mechanic near St.Paul, MN. I'm nearing my timing belt change.

Thanks much!
GreenGeeker and MNMiser

mcH

Veteran Member
TDI
None, currently
N Atlanta TDI - Call Troy

Just a plug for Troy Sentz, Canton, GA area TDI mechanic. 570-233-1385
{ TNTKNC on the club here }

In the past, when I've wanted good TDI service, we've had to drive to South of Atlanta to visit Roger Feldt. Now that Troy is on the north side of Atlanta, it's so much simpler for us. He does great work-- reasonable prices, and doesn't mind taking the extra time to "do it right". He recently did maintenance work and diagnostics on our 2 Beetles.

I definitely recommend him.

Sheryl / 2001 Beetle TDI

pasta_rocket

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat TDI
I am in Mississauga, Toronto.
I will be willing to drive a bit just to get the job done.

Just got my car and I really need to have a mec with a passion to take a look, do a full diagnostic and give me some suggestions.

Thank you,

Mihai

Oh, Passat Waggon 2005, 57k miles don't know the consumption, I am on the first fill :D

jasonTDI

TDI GURU Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
20' RAM 3500 CCLB dually HO/Aisan. 2019 Cherokee 2.0T
People, please read the list for a mechanic in your area. PAGE1

jasonTDI

TDI GURU Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
20' RAM 3500 CCLB dually HO/Aisan. 2019 Cherokee 2.0T
Personally I agree with not posting shops randomly to that list as it currently is without more than one person endorsing the shop. Or just hanging their shingle themselves. That's how the list gets crappy shops and we all know where that goes......

ontology

TDI
2000 Jetta GL TDI
Here in Ottawa, Canada:
Ron Cashman (Yes that's his last name)
613-692-2431

Fixed My timing belt installed by a bad mechanic, reset my timing, got me a rebuilt fuel pump, new clutch kit (flywheel, release bearing and clutch plate), new control arms, rotors and pads for my front end all for the low low price of $2500 tax in (CDN). Feels like a new car!

TDIJetta99

Top Post Dawg
TDI
03... Faster than yours =]
mcH said:
Just a plug for Troy Sentz, Canton, GA area TDI mechanic. 570-233-1385
{ TNTKNC on the club here }

In the past, when I've wanted good TDI service, we've had to drive to South of Atlanta to visit Roger Feldt. Now that Troy is on the north side of Atlanta, it's so much simpler for us. He does great work-- reasonable prices, and doesn't mind taking the extra time to "do it right". He recently did maintenance work and diagnostics on our 2 Beetles.

I definitely recommend him.

Sheryl / 2001 Beetle TDI
Wow, haven't seen that name in a little while, I bought my TDI from him when he was still up in PA in 2005...

esteeze

Veteran Member
TDI
06.5 Jetta TDI
jasonTDI said:
Personally I agree with not posting shops randomly to that list as it currently is without more than one person endorsing the shop. Or just hanging their shingle themselves. That's how the list gets crappy shops and we all know where that goes......

I agree. It would be great to have a rating system process where we could give feedback (not unlike how eBay allows rating of buyers or sellers).

VR37

TDI
I rebuild the pumps
Diesel Fuel Injection address change

Diesel Fuel Injection Service
8922 NE Vancouver Way,
Portland, Oregon 97211
Phone # 503-235-1947
Toll Free # 1-888-285-1213
Fax # 503-459-4711

barley

TDI
Golf, 2002, silver
Long Island, NY recommendation

located in Water Mill, NY (just east of Southampton):

Car Doctor World
610 Scuttle Hole Rd.
Water Mill, NY 11976
631-537-1548
www.cardoctorworld.com

Ryan and Rod have very high standards, and as far as I can tell you do get what you pay for. They were the only ones east of the canal that would even get their hands dirty on my car (02 golf). Otherwise I was met with the typical "replace the turbo" response to my lack of power issue which was bunk and wouldn't have solved my problem. Some shops out here wouldn't even look at it.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
While aggravating, it is actually a GOOD thing that a shop that is unfamiliar with the car and/or is not willing to learn about it refuses to service it. Bad things happen when ignorance comes in contact with a Volkswagen...gas or diesel. :rolleyes:

TDIJetta99

Top Post Dawg
TDI
03... Faster than yours =]
I have a bunch of customers from Long Island, it seems there's a serious lack of anyone in that area that is familiar with the TDI... I've had at least 10 botched timing belt jobs from LI that came from various "Import Specialty" shops...

jake8842

TDI
2001 Jetta GLS 5spd
Syracuse Ny

I am looking for a shop near syracuse/ rochester area in ny for a
trusted shop.

bskiusaf

TDI
2004 Jetta TDI
Las Vegas NV

Any good mechanics in Las Vegas for TDI's? How come the VW dealers are not on the list? Do they not do a good job or are they just too expensive?

TornadoRed

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI wagon, silver; 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, indigo blue; 2003 Golf GL 5-spd, red (PARTED); 2003 Golf GLS 5-spd, indigo blue (SOLD); 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, Candy White (SOLD)
Both.

As for who to go to in Las Vegas, either browse through the entire thread, or visit the Mountain/Southwest forum and look for threads with "Las Vegas" in the title.

mcracer516

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta Gold (totaled in pileup on I-25 3/1/2014), 2013 JSW Blue, 2005 Subaru Outback 2.5XT Blue 17mpg city :(
Anyone know of any TDI guru's closer to Dothan Al than Ft Walton Fl, Birgingham Al, or Atl GA? All of these are 2.5-4.5 hours from me, and I am just wondering if there are any closer than that.

Losha

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta TDI DSG, 2001 Golf TDI, Audi S6, A8, Toureg
hevster1 said:
I want to remove my name please. I am no longer working on VW's other than my own.
Can I ask why you no longer be working on VW other then yours?

Macaco

TDI
Jetta TDI GLS 2001
Keith Scarborough FEEDBACK!!!

Hello Guys:

I had the pleasure of meeting Keith on 2/23/08 @ his home for a TB replacement & I want to say that I am very pleased with his work. Keith is a very friendly & knowledgeable person, he has all the tools needed & does what it seems to me a very professional work.

I was with him all along & he took his time to explain everything to me. Anyway, I want to say THANK YOU Keith & to all TDI members around the TPA Bay area, I do highly recommend Keith for your TDI needs.

THANKS

strictlysmoke

Veteran Member
TDI
golf IV
stirn's garage
2200 ridge rd
baltimore, md 21244
bryan stirn

knows alot about diesels but works on everything and does a great job

alphaseinor

TDI Innovator, Gone but Not Forgotten
TDI
'03 Jetta TDI 780,000 miles (totaled out), 01 Audi TT 225 Quattro 230,000 Miles (runs great!), 00 Cabreetle Beetle dash, ALH & MK4 harness Swap
Macaco said:
Hello Guys:

I had the pleasure of meeting Keith on 2/23/08 @ his home for a TB replacement & I want to say that I am very pleased with his work. Keith is a very friendly & knowledgeable person, he has all the tools needed & does what it seems to me a very professional work.

I was with him all along & he took his time to explain everything to me. Anyway, I want to say THANK YOU Keith & to all TDI members around the TPA Bay area, I do highly recommend Keith for your TDI needs.

THANKS
Just wanted to add this is LWB053 here on the boards... and yes he's a top notch mechanic! anyone who wants to get a TB job also needs to have him dive you around the block in his car...

John McMillin

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 NB TDI, Cyber Green
Thumbs up for alphasenior/TDI Innovations!

Let me recommend the finest (and only) TDI guru I know in northeast Texas. The man variously known as alphasenior/Brain Hague/TDI Innovations just helped me buy a used Beetle TDI from two states away.

For a very reasonable fee, Brian drove an hour north to the little cow town where my Beetle sat on a used car lot, and gave it a good checkout. After I bought the car, he drove it down to Dallas, cleaned the intake and installed a skid plate, and even picked me up at the airport in my new, used New Beetle. The car ran great on the way home, giving 47 mpg all the way back to Denver. He did everything possible to make this remote purchase a breeze, and I'm thankful enough to spread the word.

Friends who aren't familiar with the current TDI bubble market wondered why I went to all this trouble, but the rest of us know why we search nationally for these scarce cars. Finding a well-equipped '02 with just 100K rural miles for just $8500 was worth the trouble, don't you think?

dr.diesle

Veteran Member
TDI
92 golf tdi/01 golf tdi /02 golf tdi/04 jetta wagon tdi/vanagon westy tdi
anyone in the Alberta area should check out the older German dude and his son they have been working on Vws since the Bratwurst was invented they have more used and new parts than you can shake a wafferman at also probably the most knoligable diesle techs in canada and U.S for sure try em out ph#403-226-0875 ask for Bernie;)

Last edited: