05 2.0 bhw tdi make it run

Jazz_3b

TDI
05 vw passat 2.0 tdi

I'm working on swapping 05 passat 2.0 tdi bhw to 01 chevy s10 with a Toyota dually rear end i got the engine in there but can get it to fire i did the immo delete i thank the ecu is disabling the injectors :confused::mad: I do not have the cluster plugged in is it still required even though I did immo delete

Last edited:

PickleRick

Veteran Member
TDI
05 GLS BHW sedan 5 speed conversion. BHW Carver SantaCruz in progress
Stupid question...have you bled the fuel system? Takes a while to prime the.

Jazz_3b

TDI
05 vw passat 2.0 tdi
Sure did I also have a continuous pump right now just till I get it running then it will be relayed I let the fuel go to the end of the line before hooking it up left it running for a little while to let it circulate make sure there was no air in the filter before I started cranking I can put a little starter fluid in it and it will fire and run for couple second

Last edited:

Uberhare

Veteran Member
TDI
Too many.
Have you scanned it for fault codes? If the immo is triggered there will be a fault for it. It reads something like "Engine start blocked by immobilizer".

Jazz_3b

TDI
05 vw passat 2.0 tdi
It might also be in my wiring harness on the cabin side not sure 100% what wires I needed to be hooked up I played around on Google for days trying to find a wiring diagram but it seems that the Germans are a little stingy with them lol

Jazz_3b

TDI
05 vw passat 2.0 tdi
Immo deleted no codes for it but the codes that i am getting are p0727, p0600, p0102, p0546, p0230 I did remove the oil pressure sensor and put a Chevy one in its place

Last edited:

PickleRick

Veteran Member
TDI
Did you not use a wiring schematic for the passat? If no do you need one? If the answer is no you do need one.

Jazz_3b

TDI
05 vw passat 2.0 tdi
Yes I need wiring schematic I just disconnected all the things I figured I didn't need

Jazz_3b

TDI
05 vw passat 2.0 tdi
Also can anybody direct me to a tuner/programmer to delete/disable the sensors I don't require so the engine will stop throwing codes and what sensors do i have to have plugged in to make this diesel run still learning the tdi's definite newbie:D

PickleRick

Veteran Member
TDI
Whitbread perfomance did my imob delete and stage 2 tune. Matt owns and has done BHW swaps. Can help you out. Great guy.

Jazz_3b

TDI
05 vw passat 2.0 tdi
Did you do your own wiring harness or did he make you a custom one
getting fuel now but still not firing got to be in the wiring harness something I don't have hooked up or something I removed

Last edited:

PickleRick

Veteran Member
TDI
Im not sure if matt will do wiring or not. There are members here that do both the tuning and if you send them your harness will reduce it down to only the ones you need.

Jazz_3b

TDI
05 vw passat 2.0 tdi
Can you do it and how much? Do you need both or just interior white bread guy been trying to get ahold of him for the last 3 months no answer call or email

Last edited:

PickleRick

Veteran Member
TDI
There are a few other vendors on this site, maybe someone can chime in on who to suggest.. In order for me to do it id need the entire s10 plus uncut s10 and passat donor harness to combine them, with my schedule and personal projects going in I'd also need a good 9 months to do the work. I hate daylight savings and cold weather. Being that you've already cut your harness that may be an issue.

I believe the last quote i got for a plug and play BHW harness was @500 and another 400ish for tune.

Last edited:

d0u8l3m

Veteran Member
TDI
B5.5 Passat
Hey sweet a fellow s10 swap! What sensors did you delete? If you did the immo yourself you can delete the codes yourself, there's a piece of software to do it, ill have to dig it up. I'm actually working on my wiring harness (you can check my thread in the conversions forum for more info) but I'm redoing everything and keeping all of the stock passat sensors (EGR MAF O2 etc). I have a few emails from malone on the minimum sensor requirements for a standalone engine setup ill try to find them and post up when I do. I also dont think its a good idea to use the chevy oil pressure sensor feeding the vw ecu as the signals are most likely different (not sure id have to look at em on a scope). You should just keep the stock VW sender and use 42 draft designs relocation kit to add the chevy sender in parallel to feed your gauge cluster. Feel free to PM me as well if you have any other questions.

Jazz_3b

TDI
05 vw passat 2.0 tdi
Update had all the sensors that was not required deleted and had it tuned to a stage 2 all I need is help with my wiring harness cab side

Last edited:

Jazz_3b

TDI
05 vw passat 2.0 tdi
Bhw

Hey guys i need help with cab side wiring harness stand-alone build from what I can tell all I need is brown wire, black wire, black and blue wire, red wire

Last edited:

Jazz_3b

TDI
05 vw passat 2.0 tdi
Figured it all out apparently this engine will not run unless you hook up there fuel pump relay wire that was the problem the whole time and i had a bad computer