01130 ABS Fault, already had ABS module replaced

zakarixnovotny

TDI
2001 Golf - 2009 Jetta
So last summer (2018) my 09 jetta started having ABS issues and throwing blinking ABS lights, ESP lights, parking brake light, etc.
It happened at the worst possible time with me being gone training all summer for a new job, so my wife read the code with our VCDS, and took it to a local trusted VW mechanic.
Long story short we were told the ABS module was going out and needed to be replaced. We read how this a common recall for cars around the same model but lucky us, our VIN wasn't included in the recall. So our mechanic does his best to find a used/refurbished module because I couldn't afford the brand new part, but had no luck. So finally we find a company in Idaho to send our module to so that it can be refurbed. So we get it refurbed, installed, and no more problems.
Just recently, literally this month (April 2019), ABS lights start going again. This time I'm not gone so I am determined to figure it out.
I've pulled the logs and received this code:

Address 03: ABS Brakes (-----) Labels:. 1K0-907-379-60EC1F.clb
Part No SW: 1K0 907 379 CE HW: 1K0 907 379 AE
Component: ESP MK60EC1 H35 0120
Revision: 00H35001
Coding: 113B400D492800FA880D02ED921F0042B100
Shop #: WSC 43239 002 1048576
VCID: 77F7C176C6DC2FF2EC-8022

1 Fault Found:
01130 - ABS Operation
008 - Implausible Signal
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 01101000
Fault Priority: 1
Fault Frequency: 1
Reset counter: 140
Mileage: 289912 km
Time Indication: 0

Freeze Frame:
Count: 0
Count: 4608
Count: 125
Count: 50190
Count: 1

I'm going to check the recommended things from Rosstech's site (here http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/01130)
But I was wondering if anyone had any incite on what to look for/try.
I really do not want to buy a new ABS module again, plus I really feel like my current one couldn't have gone out again. Either way the part should still be under warranty.

If anyone has any advice please help me out, there seems to be a lot of people with this issue but not everyone really explains exactly what they did to fix the problem. So I'll keep looking.
Thanks a bunch.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
The refurbished Bosch/Teves/Ate/Kelsey-Hayes/Delphi/insert-any-company-that-makes-ABS-here modules are generally a crap shoot. A new unit will fix it. If you cannot or will not get a new one, you'll have to drive the car without ABS. Many of us have (and some still do) drive cars without this feature. It is nice, but not going to keep you from being able to go where you want to go.

Even if they gave you a warranty, which I am sure they did, I still would not want one because the work to R&R these is just too much to keep doing it over and over again. And with a "refurbished" one, that is what you'll be doing.

Sorry, don't have any other answer for you beyond the obvious one that I am sure you don't want.

zakarixnovotny

TDI
2001 Golf - 2009 Jetta
Correct you are sir, definitely don't want to have to replace it but we have been driving around on it just fine.
I'm wondering though if there is anything else or any sort of sensors or connectors or anything that I can check before I drop $1500+ bucks into a new module.
I've heard of wheel speed sensors doing weird things in other threads and some sensor on top the actual module that is worth checking. With all of this being said I know that those other sensors will actually throw codes when they start to go so I might be chasing ghosts, but I think it's worth a shot before I spend more money. Does anyone know any threads or walk-through's for checking anything that may be related to my problem?

DasTeknoViking

Veteran Member
TDI
B4 TDi, A4 R32
I would call and complain about the brakes locking up and why you are not included in the recall - threaten to complain to NHTSA. My car originally wasn't included, but few months later I got a letter from VW to have it "updated via sw update". That was a waste of time, the internal solder joints were cooked.

Funny thing is that I was going to do a abs pump replacement with a MKVI so I can completely defeat the system. But VW came through and replace the pump for free. FYI mk6 pumps are under 100 bux on ebay and can be coded to work.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk