New TDI Guy: 2010 Jetta

amd is the best

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 VW Jetta Sedan DSG
Hello everyone!
I just picked up my very first brand new car and it's a 2010 Jetta TDI DSG and I am loving it so far. I snapped a few photo's for fun although it's nothing out of the norm.

I'm coming from a 2001 APR Stage 3 S4 (6MT) and this is kind of a strange move for me, but it's time to grow up and getting in something more practical and most importantly RELIABLE! Don't get me wrong, the S4 is an amazing car, but I had my fun so it's time for her to go :(. I've also got another project car, a 1991 Audi 200 20V which I plan on keeping as my toy/project.
Here's a few pics of them:
S4:

200:

Since I can NOT leave well enough alone I've got some plans for the Jetta. Nothing crazy but suspension, wheels (might keep the S4 CH's), fog lights and few other little things.
Anyway, enough BS'n. I look forward to learning a lot about the TDI and spending some time here.
Nick

shizzler

Veteran Member
TDI
05 BEW Wagon
Nice stable of vehicles there.

Seems a lot of folks grow past their need for speed and into a TDI. I sure did.

amd is the best

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 VW Jetta Sedan DSG

Thank you! The TDI is still a toy, but more mature I feel and less potential for tweaking. Which is a good thing for me.

Where in NY are you
That S4 License plate looks really familiar. Nice cars!
In albany county and thank you!

rocketeer928

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta GLS TDI 5-speed

I agree, nice set of car. However, many of us here would say you can have both the practicality of a TDI and the need for speed with some performance modifications (after the warranty is up, of course)

Nice to see the Empire State going back to the blue on gold license plates. Reminds me of growing up near Buffalo.

Red Star

TDI
2010 Jetta
Awesome ride. Looks great. I just got the exact same thing a few weeks ago, but in black. I was leaning toward that dark gray because it shows no dirt and ya never have to wash the car, but I liked the black just slightly more, though Ill have to wash it every other day. I love the car so far.