2009 Jetta TDI and remote start

Claudio

Veteran Member
TDI
09 Jetta SW
rotorhead23 said:
I had the Ultrastart remote start installed at the same place that did my 06 installation. It works well on my 09 TDI 6 speed manual. You just have to remember to "set" it before you shut the engine off ( Trans in neutral, handbrake on, tap brake twice). I let it run only 3-4 min. before driving. Seats are warm! Nice!
Exactly, this is the point.
I think nobody want to live the car in idle for 1 hour, i guess we are all talking about 5/10 minutes in the morning and only in the months where the temperatures are very cold, i don't see how this can damage your car.
I have a rail road 5 min to my house that i cross every morning, sometimes i found the passage closed, and have to wait 10 minutes (slow cargo train)...is this damaging my car? I don't think so!

I turned on my car this morning and left it in idle for 10 minutes, when i went in the car it was warm inside because of the aux heater and the sit was warm, nice ;)

jyd83

TDI
2006 Golf TDI 5 speed malual
velociT said:
Read the post. It does, it just takes about 15 minutes.
you live in TX..thats a big difference to people who get winters.. i live in Alberta and if i tried to let my car idle to warm up when its -20C or -4F i would be waiting forever because it would not warm up period. Just drive slowly and dont get the rpms over 2500 until its warmed up and dont give it much throttle

Claudio

Veteran Member
TDI
09 Jetta SW
jyd83 said:
you live in TX..thats a big difference to people who get winters.. i live in Alberta and if i tried to let my car idle to warm up when its -20C or -4F i would be waiting forever because it would not warm up period. Just drive slowly and dont get the rpms over 2500 until its warmed up and dont give it much throttle
you are right, but if you let it idle for 15 minutes, with the aux heater that is present in all the 09, with the sit heater on, you will go in the car and it will be warm. And this is also a huge help when your glass is freezed!

jay.sejkora2011

TDI
2012 Passat SEL, 2009 Jetta Sportwagen,2006 Jetta- sold, 2006 Jetta- sold, 2001 Jetta-sold
Did anyone suggest getting a tune with the dynamic idle? I believe if you go through Malone tuning you can set it so these babies will idle it a higher RPM range which in theory could help out your cause. I would do some more research on it though.

rumpless

TDI
2009 Passat B6 2.0 CR (CBBB)
Did anyone suggest getting a tune with the dynamic idle? I believe if you go through Malone tuning you can set it so these babies will idle it a higher RPM range which in theory could help out your cause. I would do some more research on it though.

In some vehicles idle speed can be adjusted through engine module adaptation in VCDS. If it can't be done in VCDS then you'd need a tune.