VAG-COM FAULTS

1TDIBUG

TDI
02 Jetta
I HOOKED UP WITH SOMEONE WITH A VAG-COM BECAUSE MY CEL WOULD COME ON AFTER ABOUT 20-30 SECONDS. IT SHOWED SEVERAL FAULTS SOME OF WHICH I THINK ARE QUESTIONABLE.THE FIRST FAULT WAS 18057-POWERTRAIN DATA BUS: MISSING MESSAGE FROM ABS CONTROLLER
NEXT 16764 GLOW PLUG/ HEATER CIRCUIT (Q6) MALFUNCTION (INTERMITTENT)
THEN 01316-ABS CONTROL MODULE 49-10 NO COMMUNICATION- INTERMITTENT
THEN SAME FAULT AGAIN AT ADDRESS 19
AND LAST WAS 00943 AND 00944 HEATED EXTERIOR MIRROR DRIVER AND PASSENGER SIDES
I RESET THE FAULTS AND THEY HAVENT COME BACK BUT ITS ABOUT 60 IN CHICAGO SO THE GLOW PLUGS PROBABLY ARE NOT BEING ACTIVATED. ANY IDEAS FOR THESE FAULTS? ALSO ABS SEEMS TO WORK GREAT. THANKS DON

Curious Chris

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta Wagon 2003 RIP Rockford IL
First thing you need to do is edit your post as all caps indicates you are yelling.

Then you need to get a Bentley Manual as your car is not very happy with you. The ABS signal not received is the most troublesome and the trickiest to resolve. 16764 Glow plug is pretty common, could be a glow plug failing, could be the harness, could be the relay. The heated mirror codes both indicate no power at the mirrors or the mirror element is fried.

The fact that you have no CEL does not mean that some of these DTC's are being logged anyway.

MayorDJQ

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'10 Golf 2dr 6m, sold.
What year is your car? I got all these same codes when my ABS pump went on the fritz. As it turned out, it should have been replaced under a recall a year prior. I don't know offhand what additional years it affected, but my car is a 2001 Golf. Somebody else might know the specifics. Evidently what happens is that once the ABS pump starts to fail, it causes communications problems with the rest of the controllers.