Dsg question

clacker

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf Wagon TDI DSG Trendline, 2000 Jetta TDI auto, 2008 Mercedes R320, 2006 smart fortwo cdi
I have not noticed this but I use neutral 90% of the time, very OCD driver. Car is still new (1300kms) but will pay attention. There maybe some coding that could be done to change those traits, have you looked around the ross-tech forums?
I am getting a vag com any day now to play with settings and coding.

2015vwgolfdiesel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 VW Golf S DSG Silver
I was loaned a 16 tsi with a dsg, and it didn't do the weird rpm load with light brake petal like my 15 does

When the brake petal is heavily pressed, the rpm in gear will be around mid 700s to 800, whatever it is without getting my face in the dash.
Wjen I begin to lift my foot, the computer applies fuel (1k rpm) and begins to drag the clutches.
I hate it.
The tsi wouldn't do anything until I applied throttle.
I was poking around the abs module on my car and I found a lot of weird entries in the adaptions. Hill hold, hill assistant percentage, which is 6%. I set it to zero and nothing changed.
Ideas?
Sent from my One using Tapatalk
Thanks for your post. :D
I read it a few days ago.
Just now came back to get a better understanding.
Own 2015 Golf TDi and my first love is the DSG -- not the TDi :eek:
Have the option to BB or fix.
Do not want to lose the characteristics of my DSG
... with the (lowly) fix money come both a DSG and a TDi:p
DSG "may" be offered on USA 2018 Golf Wagons, but pricy:mad:

=================

Addendum - what ever my DSG is doing it works fine by me.
Have an old house where the tree roots have destroyed my drive way
Garage floor normal (flat), drive way raised 3 inches.
garage narrow so, slow is good, backing out. (mirror issue)
when back tire gets to 3 inch "bump" ..
take my foot OFF the accelerator, & my DSG dead slowly lifts the (cold) car over the "bump"
... good start to a new day in OkieVille

Last edited:

dubStrom

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 A4 Jetta (sold), 2010 JSW (sold), 2013 Passat 6MT traded for 2014 JSW with 6MT-TOTALED in November 2016, 2003 ALH 5MT conversion (sold), wheezing 2015 GSW/DSG and a new 2021 Tacoma Access Cab 4x4 p'up
Hmm. Maybe I didn't explain it well enough. Appreciate your efforts.

Sent from my One using Tapatalk
I agree that there must be a coding fix, Jason. Or at least I hope that there is All we want is full clutch at stop with ANY brake pressure. The brake light turns on even before the pads push the rotor. That signal should be enough to make the DSG just STOP trying to go when you are below 10mph. Must be possible. RossTech! Rosstech! Help! Got my Hex-CAN ready and waiting.

Last edited:

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
Don't believe VCDS can really do anything coding wise with the DSG mechronics unit.