A little help needed!!!

rawpwr7

Looking for some advice!!! I recently purchased a new 15 sportwagen. I had asked the dealer if the tires, brakes, fuel filter, and related PDI service that need to be done was performed. They said yes. So recently I noticed my tires were making noise and felt like they had flat spots. I checked the date on the tires and noticed they had a Mfg. Date of 2015. Then I had a feeling that none of the service was done. So I went on to check the fuel filter and sure enough it also had a Mfg. Date of 2015. So then I called VW directly and filed a claim. They seamed concerned. I have an appt. Set to go get this taken cared of. Are there any other items I need to get addressed. And what compensation can I try to get?

Jedadiah

Veteran Member
TDI
Former: '15 Passat TDI SE 6M, '15 Golf S 6M and '10 JSW
The fuel filter is a cartridge , so the canister you see in the car is just what the cartridge slides into. It should have the same date as your car. Really the only way to know if the filter has been changed is to see if the bolts on top show any wear.

clacker

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf Wagon TDI DSG Trendline, 2000 Jetta TDI auto, 2008 Mercedes R320, 2006 smart fortwo cdi
The filter inside the cartridge could also be replaced and still as old as the car, parts tend to sit on shelves for a year or two. The filter itself should have a date code on it, but it could be from 2015 easily. Looking for paint marks on the filter housing that were "damaged" indicating replacement are a good sign, usually they have paint marks on the filter housing (they always used to).
It is really hard to prove this stuff, the tires could also be older stock that were installed on the car even as replacements.
Best is to ask for the claim paperwork, if they cannot produce it quickly then there likely is none.
Our 2015's were all screwed up, the work was done back in April, long enough for things to rust again and mice to move back in. You are not alone...