I'm outta here

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRbillZ

Veteran Member
TDI
New Beetle, Jetta, one totaled Passat....RIP.
This place(again) has turned into a bunch of pains in the asses hell bent on being the "Search Police" than helping out your fellow TDI owners.

I thoughtfor sure things had changed for the better here but see it has not.

FU!

darkscout

Grammar Scout
TDI
2003 Golf
DRbillZ said:
This place(again) has turned into a bunch of pains in the asses hell bent on being the "Search Police" than helping out your fellow TDI owners.

FU!
This has already been covered. See the search page.

Second. If it's been covered in the search... it's a warranted "Go search" 99.9% of the problems with cars other than the brand new ones are covered. Cracked CCV on the A3/B4s, etc.

whitedog

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta that I fill by myself
DrBillz, When people ask you to use the search, they are trying to help you. It falls under that thing about Teaching a man to fish.

scknight

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI 6MT
Wow, DRBillZ, you and I dont agree on a lot, but I am with you on this one.

1. There are new members all the time
2. The CARS change all the time- equipment, etc.
3. Sometimes its hard to tell the idiot posts from the informed posts in a search.
4. Methods, like people are sometimes improved.
5. I think the more help that people, especially new people, get on here, the more likely they are to donate $$ to the webmaster and help this thing go on.

There are 5 really good reasons to re-ask questions, or at least why we shouldn't jump all over people that ask a question that has already been asked.

DRbillZ said:

FU!

bhtooefr

TDIClub Enthusiast, ToofTek Inventor
TDI
None
Ah, but reposting breaks search.

Also, the idiot posts in a search are more likely to occur if there's reposting.

zanakas

Veteran Member
TDI
2005.5 Jetta 160k - original cam, clutch
I try to search a subject first, using a few key words. If nothing works, I post.

Unfortunately, this isn't a wiki. We deal with personalities....some good, some not so. Sometimes it depends on the day. It allows for quick response, though maybe not what you want.

I've been flamed on searching by people who have no clue to my question, or critiqued on things like my driving style, by people who don't know me from C3PO. No actual advice, just comment.

I look past the garbage, glean what I can, and usually get my question answered.

buckeye96

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Jetta ?
I partially agree with Drbiilz, but I don't. If it is a legit question........it's one thing. But if it is "hey, my clock is xx minutes fast." Then they should go search for the relevant threads

bhtooefr

TDIClub Enthusiast, ToofTek Inventor
TDI
None
Also, seriously, one thing you might want to try is the guide to search that I wrote. There's a link to it in my sig. :)

Maybe Fred could put that into the search dropdown, and in the advanced search?

Status
Not open for further replies.