Reaching 10k service... Should it dare to...

jason_

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 s wagon dsg
I know it's not the nozzles. I understand everyone's doubts, but it's the release mechanism. I guarantee it.

I don't know if it included labor on the $94, since I didn't return the old one. I'll call and get an anonymous price of the parts only.

Sounds like I'll need a dealer to install it to be honored?

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

Mrrogers1

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI 6MT, 2011 Jetta TDI DSG, 2015 Golf Sportwagen S TDI DSG
I know it's not the nozzles. I understand everyone's doubts, but it's the release mechanism. I guarantee it.

I don't know if it included labor on the $94, since I didn't return the old one. I'll call and get an anonymous price of the parts only.

Sounds like I'll need a dealer to install it to be honored?

Do you fill up at the same station that it actually worked at and it always worked there?

It's just so crazy to begin to think it's the guard (after fixing 3 times) that is the problem. Until that day I posted the pictures, I have never had a single issue but the big nozzle adapter sure bailed me out. Hell, now that I think about it, if you got that kit and the guard still didn't open, I'd contact VWoA and escalate because something is DEFINITELY wrong if that is the case.

I'd say dealer install, go to a different one this time to rule the original dealer out of the equation.

jason_

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 s wagon dsg
Same station as I have been for months. It's the release mechanism.

Explains why I would poke it in 2 inches, retract, poke, retract, poke, wiggle, repeatedly sometimes 15 attempts, finally it'll release.

A wrong nozzle wouldn't make it release at all.

marcusku

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf Sportwagen, 15', red
Is the 10k service supposed to be included on these cars? According to my local dealer it's not. If it's not it's not, I don't mind doing it myself but I would just assume not pay for oil and a filter if I don't have to.

jason_

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 s wagon dsg
Salesman said it was when I bought it. So I stuck to it.

Oil, oil filter, Def, tire rotation. Doubtful they were rebalanced. My confirmation mark I made on the rims next to the weights is proof.

jason_

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 s wagon dsg
To make a long story short, a long sad story short. Talked with the service manager. Essentially they won't stand behind any warranty because the vehicle is mow modified and documented as so.

It was modified because I was told the part wasn't necessary to honor warranty. So after another fail I tossed it. Because I. Don't have the part for. Vw to examine, it's out of my pocket.

It

This conclusion finally came to terms after ridiculously explaining to him that I'm not concerned of the vehicles performance with the fuel mis guard being removed,which he kept defaulting to and not answering my question directly regarding warranty work.

Un-fking-believable ....

jason_

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 s wagon dsg
Spoke with General manager.

Profit. New guard installed today.

$0.00.

From the past invoices it should of been replaced with a new one after the 2nd visit. So he took care of the situation.

Mrrogers1

Veteran Member
TDI
Hopefully you bought the large nozzle adapter kit so you are 100% covered no matter where you are filling up. Quite a cheap insurance policy. ????

jason_

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 s wagon dsg
Does the adapter slide into the Filler neck release?

jason_

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 s wagon dsg
See post 23 and 27 in this thread ?
Wouldn't of worked. The fuel mis guard was not releasing randomly/occasionally with the proper sized nozzle, which I'm assuming from the posts the adapter mimics the correct sized nozzle.

Mrrogers1

Veteran Member
TDI
Wouldn't of worked. The fuel mis guard was not releasing randomly/occasionally with the proper sized nozzle, which I'm assuming from the posts the adapter mimics the correct sized nozzle.

It's (the guard) a simple mechanical device, it's beyond comprehension how it (adapter) wouldn't have worked. Various pump nozzles not tripping it, due to their design, makes sense. Like I posted earlier, I experienced the misfuel door not opening ONCE and the adapter saved me. I have never, in many many miles had this happen to me but I won't be back to that filling station again.

The adapter doesn't just "mimic" but is, 100%, without question, the correct size. Pump nozzles are pump nozzles and not "designed" to work with the guard, the guard is "designed" to work with the nozzles which we all know aren't created equal. The adapter kit was made by VW to be used with VW misfuelling guard hardware.

Good luck though, glad the dealer did something for you.

jason_

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 s wagon dsg
Exactly. I had issues with the correct sized diesels nozzles not releasing the safety mechanism. So I would assume the correct sized adapter would give me the same result.

Oddly after they installed a.new guard I've had no issues at the same pump with the same beat up nozzle.

I wonder what the issue was? The fuel mis guard? Sad I had to drag the battle this far when it should of been replaced at the first visit.

Over a month later, 4 visits, finally a new part.

Ridiculous.

Grigg3

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Jetta wagon, 15 Golf wagon
What's the point of the miss-fuel guard if it's easily and properly defeated by the adapter sold/provided by VW.

Some have said it could be a warranty issue to not have the guard in place.
If true wouldn't it be the same warranty issue to possess an adapter?

I've had no second thoughts about removing the guard right after buying the car.

eutecticpt

TDI
2004 Jetta
I see that Castrol Edge 5w30 is listed as meeting the VW 507 specification, but the label doesn't show that is does--if it does, I would think Castrol would proudly indicate that on the label. Seems like a pretty affordable oil choice for our 2015 Golf Sportwagan TDI. Does this oil truly meet the VW spec? I know that oil brands have been hotly debated on this forum and just want to be extra careful.

Blue_Hen_TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
owned: 96 B4V, 06 Golf, 12 NMS, 15 GSW
I see that Castrol Edge 5w30 is listed as meeting the VW 507 specification, but the label doesn't show that is does--if it does, I would think Castrol would proudly indicate that on the label. Seems like a pretty affordable oil choice for our 2015 Golf Sportwagan TDI. Does this oil truly meet the VW spec? I know that oil brands have been hotly debated on this forum and just want to be extra careful.
If it doesn’t say it meets 507 spec somewhere on the label I wouldn’t use it. You can Google the latest VW/Audi oil spec TSB if you want to check the specific oil.

Mrrogers1

Veteran Member
TDI
What's the point of the miss-fuel guard if it's easily and properly defeated by the adapter sold/provided by VW.
Some have said it could be a warranty issue to not have the guard in place.
If true wouldn't it be the same warranty issue to possess an adapter?
I've had no second thoughts about removing the guard right after buying the car.
The guard will prevent a rushed, distracted, careless and at times, clueless driver from dumping the unleaded nozzle into the car and filling up. The adapter is (read back in this thread and you'll see it) "actually" for when we get stuck with a station that doesn't actually have a car nozzle and we need to fill up. The adapter allows the use of the truck size nozzle in our cars AND, as I learned, to actuate the guard if the actual diesel nozzle is not quite right.
I think if you are "rushed, distracted, careless and at times, clueless driver" and have the where-with-all to get the adapter out and STILL put Unleaded in your car, well, there is little hope for you. :D:D
Jason_ I'm glad you are sorted out though.

"CASTROL EDGE 5W-30 LL" should say it's 507 on the jug. LL03 is what you can buy from the dealership.

Last edited:

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
There are multiple castrol edge 5w-30 products. And the packaging looks very similar among them. If it doesn't say it has the 507 spec on the bottle, it's the wrong type.

jason_

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 s wagon dsg
Well, continuing issues.

The retainer lock ring came out twice. So now I've gotten a whole new tank, filler neck and guts, etc etc, and which I think new tank smaller, as I ran the gauge near empty and only managed 11 gallon instead of almost 13. That or the float is bent/damaged/inaccurate.

Invoice shows no new pump/electrics.

While there I had them look at the back doors, I get puddles of water on floor mats after several hours of raining.

Headliner/seats are dry. It's coming in through the outdoor window seal on bottom, and working it way through the door panel, eventually getting inside the vehicle.

They said they ran water on door and couldn't reproduce problem. It was suggested I silicone the window bottom. (!)

I get the vehicle home, and I notice the emergency cable corner hooks are not holding the cable, and it's half drooping down.

Jesus. Certified dealership. Pm me if you want to know the name of this **** hole to avoid.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

thundershorts

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 passat tdi sel premium 2015 golf s tdi gls tdi b5.5, 2002 eurovan,Peugeot 505 td,Citroen cx25 prestige
Silicone on rubber seals is a sure way to make them leak. They should just be dry and clean with nothing applied on them. It might seem strange that the silicone causes water to pass around seals, but it does.

jason_

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 s wagon dsg
No.

I'm not going to silicone the door window on my 23000$ car that just broke 20k miles....

***?

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
there are silicone sprays, not caulking.

jason_

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 s wagon dsg
No silicone anything! The car is under warranty!

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
I'm not arguing that you should have to do anything, but again it's a 3 year old car.

jason_

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 s wagon dsg
Another dealer took apart the door.

I cannot confirm if the previous dealer did or didn't take apart the doors, but the 2nd dealer did and discovered the door drains where they make contact and seal were not fully connected