www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Picture Gallery/Specs of Members' TDIs > Golf TDI Picture Gallery

Golf TDI Picture Gallery Do you have a Golf TDI? If so write a message here describing it and insert a picture if you have one. If you don't have one on the computer, email me and I'll give you my address and I'll scan it for you. If you need web space for it, email me as well. Please make a short yet descriptive title for your vehicle.

Old October 21st, 2017, 09:50   #46
runonbeer
Maintenance EnthusiastVendor

Fuel Economy: amazing/excellent/still pretty good

Looks great.
runonbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2017, 13:18   #47
bobbiemartin
Veteran Member

Between cleaning up tree limbs from the hurricane and other projects, I haven't done much on the Golf. However, I did find time to swap out the crankshaft damper. I decided to go with a Fluidampr.

It sure looks nice. The car seems smoother and also seems to accelerate a little quicker, but maybe it's just wishful thinking. Honestly though, it does seem to be smoother and maybe even shift a bit easier. I haven't seen any downside (other than my wallet ).

I'm really enjoying the car. I have the headliner and interior done from the rear seat back. Still working on some other stuff, it's slow but getting there.

bobbiemartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2017, 05:42   #48
bobbiemartin
Veteran Member

The side to side shifter gate has been stiff since I put it in, especially between the 3-4 and 5-6 gate. I pulled the shifter out (which requires removal of the downpipe and heat shields). I found the inner cable had a small kink at the transmission end. I replaced the cable with another one I had and replaced the shifter bushings while I had it apart. It had a small vibration at idle, but dosen't vibrate at all now, I'm guessing the kinked cable was transmitting the vibration from the outer cable to the inner? Anyway, it works great now.

bobbiemartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2017, 11:47   #49
runonbeer
Maintenance EnthusiastVendor

Fuel Economy: amazing/excellent/still pretty good

I've kinked those cable sheaths in the past because of hasty carelessness. Learned my lesson. Respect the cable.
runonbeer is offline   Reply With Quote