Time to order Oil

AKdiesel

TDI
Jetta,04 Plat Grey
Well I have had my TDI PD for a little over a week or so ... Love it.

I decided to go in and pick up a quart of oil for those just in case situations. Well, many of you have now had the experience of your dealers being oblivious and stating that the 505.00 is fine for the PDs. I simply said "ok but thats the wrong Oil."

I decided to check out a few companies I deal with in checking for the oil... they were just as in the dark. So I decided to grab some of the info off this site and take it in to show them that they needed different oil to hopefully get them on the ball at least to get the oil in so I could have some while I ordered some outta the states or whatever. I go in there with the tech page from the VW dealer and the manual stating that only 505.01 can be used.

Much to my surprise they had actually done some research after I left and found out that they do in fact have to have a new oil and that they had just recieved it the day before...

Ok now here is where it gets bad. The oil was 15.30 for one single quart. I bought it because I knew I wasnt getting it anywhere else soon.

Oh well Mail order here I come.

dieseldorf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
ex- 1996 wagon, ex-2000 Jetta
Ak, I'd like you to consider contacting MOTUL in the LA area as they also have a conforming oil priced at just $7/L.

GoFaster

Moderator at Large
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
US$15 per litre is an old price. There was a thread somewhere not too long ago that the price had been reduced (to around $7 - $8 per litre). They need to update their price book ...

DKSD39

TDI
04 Golf 5spd Black w/RC
I just orderd a case of 505.01 at my VW dealer-- they had the price of $7.45-- All VW dealers should be updating their pricing

arev

Try Bardahl XTC full synthetic 5w-40 pao. Has 505-01 rating, about $10 cdn a liter. VW rated. A real synthetic oil. /images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif