EGR delete question

borjawil

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta "Diesel"
2006 BRM TDI Jetta. Having some issues and want to rule out the EGR valve. The kits have block off plates and a hose connector. Do I need to remove the metal cooler line that goes up to the ASV/intake? purpose of this? Or do I not need to worry about it since I am just blocking off for testing?

EDIT just saw a post below mine. No need to connect cooler hoses together - I'm assuming this means I can leave the metal pipe installed. Please delete this post if this is correct.

N.CaTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2005.5 Jetta
2006 BRM TDI Jetta. Having some issues and want to rule out the EGR valve. The kits have block off plates and a hose connector. Do I need to remove the metal cooler line that goes up to the ASV/intake? purpose of this? Or do I not need to worry about it since I am just blocking off for testing?

EDIT just saw a post below mine. No need to connect cooler hoses together - I'm assuming this means I can leave the metal pipe installed. Please delete this post if this is correct.
Metal line that goes to the ASV/intake should have a block of plate installed just like the metal line that comes from the exhaust side. You should have received 2 plates. 90 degree fitting is to connect cooling lines if you remove EGR cooler from car.

For a test I assume you could just use one block off plate but the EGR cooler is then pressured from the intake side of the turbo.

PVP_Python

TDI
06 VW Jetta TDI (Manual)
Brm egr delete-help

So I have a 06 Tdi jetta BRM and i want to do an egr delete, and all the videos I’ve seen are of different engine types. All of which show the egr in different locations than mine, and also look different. Can someone show me a picture of where the egr is located+the vacuum hose for it? Thanks

narongc73

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
just block off the holes, no need to remove cooler or vacuum hoses. no need for bypass either.