www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > OBD Scanners

OBD Scanners Discussions on using On Board Diagnostic (OBD) scanners/ Diagnostic Equipment related to TDIs

Old July 21st, 2010, 04:42   #1
donbjetta06

Default VCDS Locator - Wichita

Hello,

I am new to this site and a new/recent owner of a 2006 Jetta TDI. As the vehicle is nearing the 100K mark, I am currently in the process of preparing for the timing belt replacement. I have read through the very helpful and detailed procedures listed on this site and they recommend having the timing verified using the VCDS Scan system before and after the procedure is performed but unfortunately I have been unable to locate one of these devices anywhere near my location (South of Wichita, KS). I am not apposed to purchasing one if needed but thought I would try the “locate and pay for help” method first as I am not familiar with the tool and software and thought a little hands on instruction/direction would be nice. Can anyone advise if this service might be available in or around the Wichita area, other then a dealer (outrages price), or if there is an individual who would be willing to assist me with the verification, for a fee of course. I have checked the VCDS locator but unfortunately the only person listed for this area has an in valid e-mail address listed on the site.

Thanks in advance for your help,
Don
donbjetta06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2010, 13:06   #2
Uwe

A 2006 Jetta uses a Pumpe-Düse injection, not a distributor pump, so there is no timing check with a scan tool.

-Uwe-
Uwe is offline   Reply With Quote