Turbo oil feed line. Do u have one?

willyraz

TDI
2000 Jetta TDI
My 1997 passat tdi metal oil feed line broke near the turbo fitting. This steel line runs from the oil filter housing top (banjo fitting) and goes to the top of the turbo (threaded fitting) Anyone have a spare used one they would like to get rid of or better yet any suggestions on making one maybe out of some of that steel braided line. Can one be made???? please advise. Thanks. Bill

Dieselgeek

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2016 Golf TDI
028 145 771BC 1997 1Z and all AHU feed line-from oil filter housing

bugablue

Veteran Member
TDI
98 beetle
willyraz said:
My 1997 passat tdi metal oil feed line broke near the turbo fitting. This steel line runs from the oil filter housing top (banjo fitting) and goes to the top of the turbo (threaded fitting) Anyone have a spare used one they would like to get rid of or better yet any suggestions on making one maybe out of some of that steel braided line. Can one be made???? please advise. Thanks. Bill
Found broken? or got broken?
Would hate to run a turbo without oil, might be worth getting it looked at.

Drivbiwire

Zehntes Jahr der Veteran
TDI
2013 Passat TDI, Newmar Ventana 8.3L ISC 3945, 2016 E250 BT, 2000 Jetta TDI
The line should be replaced anytime the turbo is removed...

$80.00 give or take.

Cheap insurance.

DB

koz

TDI
2000 Jetta TDi
Should the little male to male fitting that goes between the oil feed line and the turbo be replaced also? VW wants an additional $50 for what looks like a simple copper fitting. I took the turbo out to clean it and can't get a good seal again between the oil feed line and that fitting. :mad:

paramedick

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor
TDI
2015 Audi Q5 TDI
koz said:
Should the little male to male fitting that goes between the oil feed line and the turbo be replaced also? VW wants an additional $50 for what looks like a simple copper fitting. I took the turbo out to clean it and can't get a good seal again between the oil feed line and that fitting. :mad:
I dunno. You don't have a car type listed in your profile.

koz

TDI
2000 Jetta TDi
Thanks, Paramedick. Updated the sig. So - replace the fitting?

paramedick

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor
TDI
2015 Audi Q5 TDI
There is a little sealing washer that goes between the turbo and the union. Replace it. N 013 812 8 Sealing washer.

If it's leaking where the oil line connects to the union, you either have to replace the oil line, or use a sealer. I've used a teflon paste that is oil resistant on the union thread with good success. Pick it up at a good hardware store in the plumbing section. Comes in a little squeeze tube like toothpaste. Make absolutely sure that none of the paste can enter the turbo through the union.

Do be aware that if there is a crack in the oil line where it enters the turbo that the leak will never go away.