VCDS/VAGCOM anyone near me?

04whitetrain

TDI
2004 VW Jetta TDi (BEW)
Hey guys, I was wondering if there was anyone relatively close to me 16342 (zip code) that has VCDS/VAGCOM that could help me out. I have on 04 BEW PD that is failing boost. I did vacuum test on lines and everything seems fine, haven't found any cracks or leaking in hosing/piping, but does make whistling noise when driving. Unfortunately, only builds boost to 5psi then goes into limp mode and won't allow you to build boost from thereon until you cycle to key and restart. I tried unplugged the throttle position sensor and driving it, it will allow it to only build up to 9psi but no more and then if you plug it back in does the same thing by going into limp mode. I checked the wastegate actuator and rod actuator, all good. Check engine light code is P0299 (underboost). Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

wkobe

Veteran Member
whistling sounds like broken egr cooler pipes to me and yes you will loose boost because of this
wayne

bigjake

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Jetta MKIV, 1.9 BEW with 09A
I'm currently dealing with this for my BEW. That wretched lower erg pipe. Mine isn't whistling, strangely, but it dumps smoke when I get on the pedal. I too have crappy boost. I'd inspect both pipes, but you can pretty much bank on it being the lower.

04whitetrain

TDI
2004 VW Jetta TDi (BEW)
I have EGR delete so this isn't a problem. I know it wasn't the best thing I could've done but... I sprayed some carb cleaner around all pipes hoses and nothing. I'm at a loss for what could be wrong. I checked the intercooler itself and it seems to be leaking a little oil, nothing significant, and nothing that is abnormal from 'normal'. I got on the maps and found the closest guy to me with VCDS (an hour away) but never heard back from him.