2014 Tiguan TDi 4 Motion?

SilverSAWagon

TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon ALH 5spd, 03 Golf ALH 5spd, 04 R32T all reflex silver :)
Saw this guy at the local VW dealership. Are we getting these in the states now?

MonsterTDI09

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta DSG/ up keep on 2009 Jetta DSG 2006 Jetta Pag 2 in North SEA Green
I bet the car is form Mexico

SilverGhost

Veteran Member
TDI
'05 Golf - totaled :(, wife's '13 Beetle - buy back, TDIless
I saw a Seat Leon heading the other way on I65 in Alabama a couple months ago. There are reports of all sorts of odd model VWs around Tampa, FL. They bring various models in for testing. Some are never meant to be sold here while some are testing reactions for future sale.

The business case is not there for the current generation. The cost to certify it for a model year or two before the next generation comes out is stupid. But after the redesign I could definitely see them bringing that model over.

Of course it also could be just because someone is up from Mexico where that model is available.

Jason

Cogen Man

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI DSG.
My local VW dealer said 2015 Canada will get the Tig TDI. Not sure if he's smoking something. Maybe USA is getting the jump on Canada by a year. The wife has a 2010 Tig 4Motion. I'd buy one if they do come to Canada. The wife's driving is more conducive to a gasser. Thats why she got rid of her 2011 Golf TDI. I tried to tell her but she never listens to me. :eek:

yatzee

Top Post Dawg
TDI
see sig
My dealer told me that the reason that we don't have a tiguan tdi is that they needed to add an adblue system in order for it pass emissions testing. That means that we'll not see a Tiguan tdi with this generation of tiguan because there is no physical space for the adblue tank.

They weren't too sure when the next gen was coming....

Mike_04GolfTDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Mine: 2019 Golf R DSG, Wife's: 2015 Golf Comfortline TDI
I just had a thought. I've been thinking about buying a Tiguan. I should get one and put a TDI emblem on it to drive you all insane.

Muahahahahaha! People will be posting pictures of me on here, trying to talk to me, etc. I'll just pretend I don't speak English and nod and say "diesel" a few times before I drive away snickering.

Mike_04GolfTDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Mine: 2019 Golf R DSG, Wife's: 2015 Golf Comfortline TDI
My dealer told me that the reason that we don't have a tiguan tdi is that they needed to add an adblue system in order for it pass emissions testing. That means that we'll not see a Tiguan tdi with this generation of tiguan because there is no physical space for the adblue tank.

They weren't too sure when the next gen was coming....
They could just make the fuel tank a tiny bit smaller...which would be fine because it would probably still have more range than a gasser.

It's not because they can't, they just don't want to.

mcH

Veteran Member
TDI
None, currently
>> The wife's driving is more conducive to a gasser. <<

??? What defines gasser driving?