Wheel size for winter setup help

Drclaw

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta Sportwagen
Hi everyone. I'm looking on my local Craigslist for 5x112 setups. Will any 5x112 16-19" fit my '14 JSW? Not sure if the offset or other variables matter.

Also does it matter if the tired have tpms?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

AllieJetta

TDI
2014 GSW 6M/TDi Wolfsburg
Hello.
Your TPMS utilizes your ABS sensors to measure rolling diameter, so no sensors in the wheels, but it's good to make sure you use the correct size of tire to prevent that.

Finding a wheel that's close to stock offset would be best to ensure no interference. Most wheels have it stamped inside the barrel of the wheel, showing diameter, width and offset. 16" wheels make for a wider tire choice and a less expensive tire price as well. Shop your local Craiglist or classifieds and you may find a set already assembled and ready to bolt on!

Drclaw

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta Sportwagen
Hello.
Your TPMS utilizes your ABS sensors to measure rolling diameter, so no sensors in the wheels, but it's good to make sure you use the correct size of tire to prevent that.

Finding a wheel that's close to stock offset would be best to ensure no interference. Most wheels have it stamped inside the barrel of the wheel, showing diameter, width and offset. 16" wheels make for a wider tire choice and a less expensive tire price as well. Shop your local Craiglist or classifieds and you may find a set already assembled and ready to bolt on!
Thanks. I'm found a set of 16" steelies with Goodyear icex tires or a 17" set of 5 spoke asw wheels with blixzaks. $400 for the 17s or $300 for the 16" steelies. What would you do?

Drclaw

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta Sportwagen
I ended up going with the 17" ASW wheels with Blizzaks on them. Got them for $400, which i thought was a good deal.

Thanks