Follow my 2003 ALH Project!

Joe TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
03, 00, 04 MK4 sedans.... 02 MK4 Wagon
So when are the taillights and headlights being removed?
ha.... The headlights are staying..... the taillights didn't quite look how I thought they would.... I am going to have the window tint guy black them out when I get the windows done....They light up very nicely, just all that chrome looks kinda silly... blacking them out will fix the problem..... or I could leave em so you have something ugly to look at when I pass you....;):D muahahaha!

SEL03TDI

TDI
His = 2003 Candy White 4dr GOLF TDI GLS 5spd & Hers = 2006 Black Jetta TDI 5sp
Just finally looking over your build thread. Man what a monster build you turned that motor into. The GLX looks sweet, would love to go for a ride sometime so I can feel way more power than I want to put on my daily driver. I think the 17/22 and RC4 would do... for now.

Joe TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Just finally looking over your build thread. Man what a monster build you turned that motor into. The GLX looks sweet, would love to go for a ride sometime so I can feel way more power than I want to put on my daily driver. I think the 17/22 and RC4 would do... for now.
Where in NY are you located?

SEL03TDI

TDI
His = 2003 Candy White 4dr GOLF TDI GLS 5spd & Hers = 2006 Black Jetta TDI 5sp
Yeah, especially since I added the wheel spacer's with the 17's.

I live a bit closer to Otisville on 211.

Joe TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Yea... I saw u in middletown that day by sams club... we'll take a hayride for sure!

chriskorwan

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 VW Golf
your car is looking real good Joe. you'll have to take me out for a drive since i've only had the pleasure of driving behind it

Joe TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Yea man..... When Jason gets hOme and has some free time, there is still lots of little stuff to do to it.... Right now it has a bone stock 2000 ecu in it.... We gotta throw in my RC6 2003 ecu, hook up the boost/egt gauge, hook up the a/c lines, wire resistors in the led tails & headlight blinkers, and clear all the codes.... Other than all that, it runs nice with the stock ecu.... Can't believe how quick it is.... The correct ecu will make it a different animal. Once all that is complete, we'll take some hayrides.

Then sometime in the fall/winter, that gtb2260vk is gonna go on there and a re-tune to RC7.

Last edited:

scubagli

Veteran Member
TDI
1986 audi 4000Q ALH SWAP in progress...
Joe your going to need some wider wheels to even think about traction before 4th...

Sent from crazy town.

Joe TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
It's been quite some time since I've posted here.... lots of things have changed.... the silver GLX TDI swap has been sold, to fellow TDIClub member Chris Korwan so I know it will get lots of love....

Here is what I am rockin these days:

Last edited:

Joe TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
It ended up being an avalanche of problems that led me to sell my project daily driver...

The motor sat for over a year awaiting the swap into the GLX.... in that time, the actuator froze up... the vanes in the 17/22 were stuck also... I think Chris has a pic of it... anyway, the first time I threw the RC6 ECU in it and got on it, the turbo over boosted terribly, lifting the head, blowing the gasket, and most likely warping the head & block.... then the heater core went...

Chris wanted a nicer Jetta for his lady than she currently has, and the built up ALH will be repaired and going into a rat rod TDI in the future, so he snatched it up from me for a fair price and here we are.

....and the reasoning for switching to a wagon w/cargo carrier.... right here:

90lb lab/boxer, 75lb lab/pit, car seat, wife, and all our crap in the cargo carrier......Understandable right?

Last edited:

chriskorwan

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 VW Golf
I've began to repair is already. It will have a lightly modded motor put in it and joes motor I plan to put in a rat rod after I get it machined.

Heater core is fixed.

Pulled interior out to dry

Got the new motor yesterday. Fitted it with a vnt17

Joe TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Wow... didn't know u gutted the interior.... that is way more love than I could have possibly given it.... Nice to see how motivated you are!!!

chriskorwan

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 VW Golf
There was like an Inch of water in the floor pan. That mold/mildew smell was nassuiating. It should be dry by now. Might put the interior back in today. Anyone interested in a fully built 5 speed. The one from this car is for sale in the private parts section.