I'm back in the club! Proud owner of a 2014 JSW!

PacketHauler

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta SportWagen TDI 6M, 2013 Jetta TDI DSG w/ Prem (retired)
Just picked her up about 2 hours ago. Dealer was able to give me more money for my trade to make the deal happen. This is the car I've been wanting for years. Manual with a diesel. Appears to be in great shape. CPO, manual trans, pano roof, 37K miles. 40K service already completed by the dealer, so new fuel filter already installed. New brakes (rotors and pads) and new tires. So it's basically like she's new. Clutch is firm, and the stick feels great. :D

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW DSG (buyback, RIP), 2014 JSW TDI, 2015 Passat TDI, 2013 Jetta TDI.
Dang! You lucky son of a gun! Thats my favorite color! Congratulations!!!!! Welcome back to the TDI world. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
By the way, which stealership did you get her from?

KITEWAGON

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Touareg Exec, 2014 JSW
I have a twin in every way except for mine is a slicktop and has the 16" wheels. I drove the car home in 2-3" of fresh, wet unplowed snow last night and had a blast with the car. Driving a stick shift in snow when you can spin the wheels on demand. I really like my car and I think you'll like yours.

PacketHauler

Veteran Member
TDI
I have a twin in every way except for mine is a slicktop and has the 16" wheels. I drove the car home in 2-3" of fresh, wet unplowed snow last night and had a blast with the car. Driving a stick shift in snow when you can spin the wheels on demand. I really like my car and I think you'll like yours.
Oh this thing puts a huge smile on my face. I had a 2013 DSG Jetta before, and even with the emissions fix on this JSW, this is way more fun to drive with the manual. :D

I grew up in MN, but now living in Florida, I don't get the joy of spinning tires on demand anymore. I might have to make a road trip north at some point just tor try that.

PacketHauler

Veteran Member
TDI
Quick update: I've had the car since Sunday. I've put about 300 miles on it since then with about 70% highway and 30% city driving. Somehow I still have half a tank left, and it's saying about 300 mile to empty. If I can even get 500 miles out of 1 tank, that's impressive to me. So far so good.

stottboy

TDI
jetta tdi 2013
hey I have a 2013 jetta tdi with 65k and I'm getting about 630miles to empty and my drive is 90%highway

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

D-Cup

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI Cup Edition, 2003 Jetta GLS, 2000 Jetta GLS, 2012 JSW
If you don’t mind me asking, what’d you pay for it?
Sunroof? No sunroof?

D-Cup

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI Cup Edition, 2003 Jetta GLS, 2000 Jetta GLS, 2012 JSW
With sunroof, about $14.8K. Interior was in mint condition on this car.:cool:
Is that $14.8 + TTL?
Or was that out the door?

EDIT: I don’t mean to be nosey, just comparing yours to one I’m looking at. Haven’t pulled the trigger yet.

Last edited:

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
I got my 2014 JSW at 27k miles with 40k and 50k maintenance coverage as in paying $0 for it, out of the door for $15k for the JSW plus 2017 ford exploder XLT 2.3 Ecoboost trade in

With 30k something miles on the exploder plus rear ended accident on March 2018 as 1 year and 3 months old at that time of the accident and took 44 days tk repair which she should have been totaled immediately but insurance refused. Next time we know it and kiss our vehicle, good bye!

Plus 2011 JSW at nearly 300k miles buy back to be used as deposit for 2014 JSW. They both are the twins.... candy white exterior with tan interior. Only differences on those two are rear view camera. Thats it. No sunroof on both.

PacketHauler

Veteran Member
TDI
Is that $14.8 + TTL?
Or was that out the door?

EDIT: I don’t mean to be nosey, just comparing yours to one I’m looking at. Haven’t pulled the trigger yet.

$14.8k didn't include TTL.

EDIT: No worries about asking. We're all one big happy diesel family here. :)

Last edited: