2006 New Beetle GLS TDI - the last Beetle TDI

DieselDriver2003

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 New Beetle GLS 5spd
I bought one from Maryland with 5-speed. Cream exterior, cream leather interior, in like new condition. It still has the new car smell -one owner, I am happy.

MountainTig

TDI
2006 New Beetle
By the title does that mean they will no longer make TDI Beetles? I know there were none in North America in 2007, but I haven't yet learned why.

DieselDriver2003

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 New Beetle GLS 5spd
I guess so, because when I was doing the search, I did not find any Beetle TDI newer than 2006. Also, the salesman from one of the dealer said VW will sell only Jetta TDI's after this year.
MountainTig said:
By the title does that mean they will no longer make TDI Beetles? I know there were none in North America in 2007, but I haven't yet learned why.

Dunno513

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 NB PD-TDI DSG
Salespeople don't know any more about product line up than we do. I highly doubt that VW will only produce the Jetta with a TDI especially with the reported addition of diesel models from other brands here in the States by 2009.

The beetle is reportedly under reconstruction efforts, so perhaps we won't see one in that, but expect it in the A5 Golf.. ehem.. Rabbit by 2008.5 or 2009. No way VW would ignore the market like that.

DieselDriver2003

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 New Beetle GLS 5spd
You're probably right, but for the time being, no Beetle and used supplies are quite limited, or there are price gauging going on...
Dunno513 said:
Salespeople don't know any more about product line up than we do. I highly doubt that VW will only produce the Jetta with a TDI especially with the reported addition of diesel models from other brands here in the States by 2009.

The beetle is reportedly under reconstruction efforts, so perhaps we won't see one in that, but expect it in the A5 Golf.. ehem.. Rabbit by 2008.5 or 2009. No way VW would ignore the market like that.