2000 Jetta TDI 5 speed - Silver; Fairfax, VA

azianjiu

TDI
2000 Jetta
I have decided to sell my 2000 Jetta TDI GLS 5 speed ALH. The car is silver and has 206,xxx miles on it. I am asking $3500 OBO for the car. The car is pretty much stock. I am the second owner of this car. I planned to drive the car until it went bust but am moving cross country and have two kids and do not have time to drive the car myself. The cost of shipping makes it not worth it to move the car as well. I used to put a lot of miles on the car but recently have not been using the car much. I put a lot of work into the car recently and I think the next owner will appreciate it. Very little maintenance is needed on the car for the next 100K miles. Clean title; no salvage titles.

This car is perfect for someone that wants a daily driver that will put a lot of miles on it! It has treated me well for almost 10 years and I am sure the next owner will enjoy it as much as me. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Maintenance:
I had the timing belt done within the last 10,000 miles (probably at 195,000 miles). During the timing belt change I had the camshaft and lifters replaced as they were showing wear. I use ninedee_golf_tdi (local guru) for all my TDI related maintenance. I used high quality parts for all of this maintenance. Timing belt should be good for until 300,000 miles.
New rear springs within the last 10,000 miles.
I just had the AC compressor changed last year and the AC blows ice cold.
I had the front and rear brakes done within the last 10K miles.
Had all the high pressure steering lines replaced within the last 10K miles.
I have done all the oil changes myself with Mobil 1 TDT.
The tires appear to have plenty of tread left.
The car has been in a few accidents all of which were fixed under insurance. The body is in good shape with a few scratches and dents (the car is almost 20 years old but I think it looks good). The interior of the car is in good shape. The glove box is broken which is a pretty common issue with these cars but closes with no problem. The wiring of the wiper fluid level sensor is bad so it shows low fluid but the squirters work. Easy fix. I am the 2nd owner of the car and bought the car in 2009 at ~80,000 miles.

Modification:
Dieselgeek skidplate (panzer plate)
Class 1 hitch installed by previous owner.
Stock roof rack with ski rack included.

Features:
Sunroof
Leather heated seats
Heated mirrors

Non-smoker; No Rust; Original clutch but still shifts and grabs fine; headliner does not sag.

The car is located in Fairfax, VA.

https://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/cto/d/2000-jetta-tdi-5-speed-manual/6774353762.html

SOLD

Last edited:

azianjiu

TDI
2000 Jetta
Bump, I added a few more features of the car. The car is a GLS trim which comes with leather heated seats and sunroof.

azianjiu

TDI
2000 Jetta
Bump, price lowered to $3500 as I see that I was asking too much previously. Please let me know if there are any questions.