HELP!! 06 jetta tdi brake lights on when ignition is on

chipbeef

TDI
06 jetta tdi 5spd
Ive been trying to solve this problem for awhile now and just cant get it. Whenever my key is on the brake lights stay on. data list shows brake switch off and reads correctly when operating pedal, swapped ecm, j519 control module, gateway, changed all bulbs, new clutch switch. I dont have a good wiring diagram to test the inputs to the j519 which supplies power to brake lights but unplugging connector c does nothing(brake light switch input). Pulling connectors C or D turn lights off Any help would be appreciated :confused::confused::confused: Thanks

Seatman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Skoda rapid elegance 1.6 cr tdi
Is it a single switch or a 2 in 1? If you disconnect the switch do the lights go off?

I think it might be 2 switches in 1, one side tells the cu and the other works the lights, not a 100% sure though but I'd disconnect the switch and see if they go off.

Only other thing I can think of might be the wrong bulb or bulbs, think they have to be some can bus friendly ones or it can cause weird brake light issues.

I dealt with this on a similar age seat ibiza over here in the UK, I just seem to remember it was something to do with a bulb or bulbs.

chipbeef

TDI
06 jetta tdi 5spd
i have disconnected each set of brake lights and doesnt change, LED 3rd brake light stays on