Highest miles TDI Jetta I've ever seen !! 651K !! (pics)

moparmiami

TDI
2002 VW Jetta TDI
Hello everybody, I am a new user on these forums and a proud owner of a 02 Jetta TDI with 106K. I work with a dealer and visit the auctions all the time to buy vehicles.... I was amazed to see a 02 Jetta TDI at a auction with 651K Miles on the odometer. I started her up and she sounds beautiful. Its amazing how a vehicle can last such a long time if you take proper care of it. Here are some pics of it. Thought i'd share it with other TDI guys ! Merry Christmas !

tditom

Top Post Dawg
TDI
formerly: 2001 Golf GL, '97 Passat (RIP) '98 NB, '05 B5 sedan
Impressive! I'd like to know what is original on it.

Merry Christmas to you too!

Herm TDI

Vendor
Richmond, Maine...The far side of Witsend
TDI
2002 Golf GLS Malone Stage 3, P+520 nozzles, 11MM Inj pump, Sachs VR6 clutch, Stelth Race Pipe, Immo Deleat, EGR Deleat
Hmmm...among the more common replacement parts:
4 or 5 MAF sensors
turbo (or 2)
Inj pump rebuild (at least once)
2 or 3 Serp belt tensioners
Vacumm pump
EGR valve (maybe 2 or 3)
main seals (or 2)

But still thats a short list for 600K miles\

From what can be seen in the photos its a car worth buying.
Rebuild the engine, refresh the whole suspension and you'll have a nice 2k2 TDI

Darn...the center arm rest is busted....Have to knock off at least $1.5K on the sale price.

Last edited:

bikerboyriley

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 golf 2 door
I'm impressed by the automatic transmission. I only have 280 KM on my car and my seat does not look that nice. Person before me was on the heftier side :(

moparmiami

TDI
2002 VW Jetta TDI
No the steering wheel had very minimum wear on it... from the marks i can tell they had a steering cover on her and i think they had seat covers too. The brake pedal had more wear than the gas pedal. The car sold for $3500 at the auction.

Dimitri16V

Top Post Dawg
TDI
01 Golf, 04 Golf
So is this a fake?
replaced Odometer ? that fact that is auto is a miracle itself. Hard to believe somebody would pay even $ 3500 for such mileage TDI.
with that mileage lots of stuff would have been or need to be replaced.
While it's possible to rack that kind of mileage driving across states , doing it with stop and go traffic would absolutely kill the car

moparmiami

TDI
2002 VW Jetta TDI
The mileage can not be fake... i actually took the vin# of the car and will run a carfax and post it here ....

jasonTDI

TDI GURU Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
20' RAM 3500 CCLB dually HO/Aisan. 2019 Cherokee 2.0T
I'll let you know soon enough. I have a client at 620K miles. We did the first pump at 611K miles.

1st auto at 80K
2nd at 290K
That one is still ticking.

TomJD

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI GLS, 2015 Golf TDI
How can anyone drive that much? I wonder if the previous owner drove this for a job or something

MonsterTDI09

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta DSG/ up keep on 2009 Jetta DSG 2006 Jetta Pag 2 in North SEA Green
I smell a troll:mad:

Windex

Top Post Dawg
TDI
05 B5V 01E FRF
3500 for that car is asinine. Even with the added value of the TDI, that car would go for no more than $1000 at auction, even with a moron buying the car.

Geobmx4life

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Golf Malone tuned VNT 17, FMIC
Here's your answer

What is a Troll ??
Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking other users into a desired emotional response[1] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[2] In addition to the offending poster, the noun troll can also refer to the provocative message itself, as in "that was an excellent troll you posted". While the term troll and its associated action trolling are primarily associated with Internet discourse, media attention in recent years has made such labels highly subjective, with trolling being used to describe intentionally provocative actions outside of an online context. For example, recent media accounts have used the term troll to describe "a person who defaces internet tribute sites with the aim of causing grief to families."[3][4]

turbocharged798

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 black ALH Jetta;09 Gasser Jetta
Does no one remember the 900k mile Beetle?

This is the first I've heard of a 1 million KM limit.
I am guessing that you missed the other 600K thread?

The odo simply doesn't have enough memory to hit 1,000,000KM. It will hit 6xxK and stop.

NBs do not use VDO clusters so they probably use different programming, although I have my doubts about that NB though.

RacerTodd

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf TDI
How can anyone drive that much? I wonder if the previous owner drove this for a job or something
I bought an '87 Golf back in 1996 to use in my job as a small package courier. At the time she had 160K miles. 11 1/2 years later, she had 654K. A steady 40-50,000 miles a year will do it pretty quickly...