Any interesting shifter knobs out there?

bennybmn

Veteran Member
TDI
(Formerly) '11 Jetta 6 speed, Alltrack 6MT
That's awesome. I knew a guy in college who had a nountain bike derailluer (sp?) for a shift knob in his Jeep. Almost looked like a wierd Hurst or something...

TDI_Dan

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW 6M MKVII, 2011 Golf TDI 6M (bought back)
Insomnia + boredom = reading great posts. Good stuff. Never gets old.

NarfBLAST

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Golf 5MT
Sweet! Thanks for the link. My wife says I seem to be always going for the "vindication" and that link is a good one!
Anyway, the car is no longer on the road, but still on the property and today I had it in the garage and replaced the blower fan that had stopped working just so I can say, "there is nothing wrong with it, could put it back on the road any time.". I vacuumed it out and played the radio for a bit and I really miss driving it. Best stereo I have ever owned.

oldpoopie

Vendor
TDI
2001 golf gl, 2006 jetta, 1981 ALH swapped rabbit pickup, 1998 beetle
Sweet! Thanks for the link. My wife says I seem to be always going for the "vindication" and that link is a good one!
Anyway, the car is no longer on the road, but still on the property and today I had it in the garage and replaced the blower fan that had stopped working just so I can say, "there is nothing wrong with it, could put it back on the road any time.". I vacuumed it out and played the radio for a bit and I really miss driving it. Best stereo I have ever owned.
Why not driving it?

rwolff

Veteran Member
TDI
None yet
Too funny. Now you just need sidewinder missiles behind the headlights for left-lane campers.
Or for those pesky snipers hidden behind overpasses/signs with their laser/doppler "guns", those are tough... They never miss you no matter how fast you go. In fact they tend not to notice slower targets. :D
Sidewinders? Fugheddaboudit. They're not meant for ground targets.

What's your highest priority target? Is it the campers? Go with TOW (or the good ol' M2 Browning, which would be cheaper to feed - and most of your shots would be zero-deflection anyway, since you'd be at their 6 o'clock).

Want to take out hostile radar? HARM is the way to go. Steer clear of Shrikes - they "lose lock" if the radar turns off, and the radar operators will only be giving short bursts in order to avoid triggering radar detectors.

thechoochlyman

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
1997 B4 Sedan
Well, here's a few things I've piddled with. Nothing fancy, just different shapes.

I made this one so it can be filled up with liquid like a fish bowl. haha

Last edited:

NarfBLAST

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Golf 5MT
UPDATE: Four years after adding cruise control to the shifter it still works great and I just used it to relentlessly maintain the most economical speed over a 700 km trip where the ScanguageII says I achieved 4.3 L/100km or 55 MPG!

The plastic is worn smooth in some places from my hand and I love it!

Follow my trip to TDIfest2016 on facebook: http://facebook.com/santosspeedshop

Picture from today:

hey_allen

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI
I was actually thinking to do something along these lines with a Bobcat control stick that I was just handed, but unsure what to wire to the top rocker switch or the trigger.

Come on, if you have a trigger on the car, it has to do something, right?