Omaha, NE chat thread

Killabee228

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Sportwagen manual
Ohh I currently have a stage 1.5, and will go with the 1.5 with ecotune(aka DPF delete). The reason I don't go stage 2 is because I would have to pay $525 for the retune. While the retune for the DPF delete is a tune upgrade of $75+ labour. Also, a stage 2 only gains you 5hp and 5tq. Is that really worth the upgrade of $525???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Killabee228

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Sportwagen manual
If any of you guys want to tune now is a time to do it. Ben will be up in the council bluffs area the third week of May. If I can get anyone else to do to then he won't charge me an extra $75 for a destination charge.

Losha

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta TDI DSG, 2001 Golf TDI, Audi S6, A8, Toureg
Ohh I currently have a stage 1.5, and will go with the 1.5 with ecotune(aka DPF delete). The reason I don't go stage 2 is because I would have to pay $525 for the retune. While the retune for the DPF delete is a tune upgrade of $75+ labour. Also, a stage 2 only gains you 5hp and 5tq. Is that really worth the upgrade of $525???

I don't know where you got that info that you will have to pay again $525 for retune, but Mark Malone only chargers the difference between Stages and not full retail price again if you decided to go with different stage. So if you got Stage 1 (retails at $500) and decides to go for Stage 2 (retails at $550) then you will pay difference of $50, at least that's how we do it here and of course this price stays like this if we were the ones performed that original tune the first time. If you have more questions feel free contact me.

Killabee228

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Sportwagen manual
Ohh!!!! That's crazy. I didn't get the figures from anywhere. Just assuming. And what happens when you assume??? You make an ass of of u and me!

Mrrogers1

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI 6MT, 2011 Jetta TDI DSG, 2015 Golf Sportwagen S TDI DSG
Mrrogers1, Just curious who do you know that does Malone Tuning in Omaha? From what I know and listed on Malone site there are no authorize dealers in NE, unless Mark haven't updated his site. :) BTW if you are interested tune let me know and we can definitely do that for you. PS: on Monday I just did 2014 Passat TDI Stage 2 tune & DSG, was pretty impressed with how nice that car rides. Also looks like VW redesigned few things on that engine compared to 2012 TDI's.
I reached back out to the shop in question and last time I was there (just talking) they were planning to get hooked up with them BUT hadn't. I reached back out and they hadn't yet but I kind of reminded. :-D

Now, assuming they didn't get approved (no idea what goes into that process) and someone in Omaha did want to do a DPF delete (the owner would do the labor and R&R) and see you for the tune, how exactly would that work? Mail out service (since driving would be out of the question) and then possibly visit you for adjustments if needed?

I'll reach out via PM or email for pricing for tune + DSG since looks like changing to econo would just be difference of cost, thanks for posing that. I also have a buddy who has been bugging me about chipping his 13 Passat TDI and my father also has one. :)

Ok, the only person that I know of that can actually do a Malone tune w/o shipping it out is Ben from AJs tdi in Nevada Missouri. He's an awesome dude and will drive up when he has time. All the other shops in Omaha are kinda sketchy, and they all have to ship out the ecu.

I went with the cat+res setup from DieselDubs, and will definitely show pictures! I got my wife to go with it because; the DPF needs to be replaced, they are very expensive. Even if you do get it replaced people still have had issues with them. It also has a potential to pay itself off with the 9+ mpg increase, along with the 120k mile replacement.

I will be doing the work myself apart from the tune. If you look I've been pretty busy asking questions on TDIClub.

Cool, link me (all of us) to where you have been asking around in the forum, I could probably save some questions on how you landed with the cat+res or anything else. (I have been following DD on another TDI forum and decided Les would be getting my money when it's time). Is the DPF in your 2013 JSW already clogged?

Losha

Veteran Member
TDI
Ohh don't you do tunes in house also?

Ohh, no no. I don't work from house. :) Sorry should stated earlier, I have a shop here in SF and we bought equipment last summer to be able to tune 2009+ newer VW/Audi cars, so we do all in house except Malone does his magic at his place and emails files to us. In my signature there is my site listed you can find our address and contact info.

Killabee228

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Sportwagen manual
Well by "in house" I meant in shop. lol if Ben can't be up next around this time next week I might just drive up Wednesday morning and see you guys. I have been told you can drive up to 500 miles or so when deleted. Or, some people have done the delete then drove to the tuner. Ehh I dunno. I just don't want to mail it.

Mrrogers1

Veteran Member
TDI
Well by "in house" I meant in shop. lol if Ben can't be up next around this time next week I might just drive up Wednesday morning and see you guys. I have been told you can drive up to 500 miles or so when deleted. Or, some people have done the delete then drove to the tuner. Ehh I dunno. I just don't want to mail it.
I don't know about driving with it like that BUT possibly Losha does the loaner FlashZilla deal and could send with delete tune??

*Is there another thread you have been posting questions and such in? I'd like to pop over there if so and see what the discussion is.

Losha, check your email. :D

Losha

Veteran Member
TDI
I don't know about driving with it like that BUT possibly Losha does the loaner FlashZilla deal and could send with delete tune??
*Is there another thread you have been posting questions and such in? I'd like to pop over there if so and see what the discussion is.
Losha, check your email. :D
He will be fine driving with DPF deleted for few hrs, I dont see any harm to be done, I think driving with DPF delete tune on car with DPF still in car might cause issues, but not vise versa.

On all 2010+ VW/Audi cars flashZilla wont work at all, with byteshooter or KessV tools you cant even read thru via OBD port on these cars, you have to open ECU and connect to board plus use bootpin in order to read. Some cars like gasser 2011 and like that 2014 Passat in order to read ECU you first have to extract Password file, save it then use it to read/write ECU. We wish it was that simple like pre-2009 cars.

I got your email, I will reply back to you later tonight or tomorrow.

Mrrogers1

Veteran Member
TDI
He will be fine driving with DPF deleted for few hrs, I dont see any harm to be done, I think driving with DPF delete tune on car with DPF still in car might cause issues, but not vise versa.

On all 2010+ VW/Audi cars flashZilla wont work at all, with byteshooter or KessV tools you cant even read thru via OBD port on these cars, you have to open ECU and connect to board plus use bootpin in order to read. Some cars like gasser 2011 and like that 2014 Passat in order to read ECU you first have to extract Password file, save it then use it to read/write ECU. We wish it was that simple like pre-2009 cars.

I got your email, I will reply back to you later tonight or tomorrow.
Great info, thanks!

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

Killabee228

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Sportwagen manual
So I went stage 2 with the DPF delete. Getting about 44avg driving back and forth between Shelby, IA and Omaha 5 times a week. Its an increase of 5mpg. But the power is so much better. Even the wife is crazy about the car now... I think with the thicker air and the Loess hills my mileage will only be about that at 600 mile tanks for now. I wonder what I will get when I move to the Seattle area??

Jettawolfs98

Veteran Member
TDI
JETTA TDI 2009, JSW 2013 DSG PANO
i got this cel

Address 01: Engine (CBE) Labels: 03L-906-022-CBE.clb
Part No SW: 03L 997 016 P HW: 03L 906 022 J
Component: R4 2,0L EDC G000AG 8681
Revision: 12H01--- Serial number: VWX7Z0I124J17T
Coding: 0050078
Shop #: WSC 00066 000 00000
VCID: 3F8642156E9580E6A2D-806A
1 Fault Found:
001162 - Exhaust Pressure Control Valve 1
P048A - 000 - Stuck Closed - Intermittent - MIL ON

Anybody heard about an extended warranty for this issue ?

Mrrogers1

Veteran Member
TDI
i got this cel

Address 01: Engine (CBE) Labels: 03L-906-022-CBE.clb
Part No SW: 03L 997 016 P HW: 03L 906 022 J
Component: R4 2,0L EDC G000AG 8681
Revision: 12H01--- Serial number: VWX7Z0I124J17T
Coding: 0050078
Shop #: WSC 00066 000 00000
VCID: 3F8642156E9580E6A2D-806A
1 Fault Found:
001162 - Exhaust Pressure Control Valve 1
P048A - 000 - Stuck Closed - Intermittent - MIL ON

Anybody heard about an extended warranty for this issue ?
I believe that is exhaust flap and warranty is extended to 120k. I had mine done, let me check my saved Ross-tech logs...

Yup, that's it. Dealer can/will replace, same day. Do me a favor and ask for the part back.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Jettawolfs98

Veteran Member
TDI
Ok, good to know. Let me see if I can get the part back.
I knew we got a letter sometime ago but I couldnt find it.
Thank You

Jettawolfs98

Veteran Member
TDI
They called me saying they are working on it so it was covered. I need to change my tires, Im still rolling my winter tires.

Last edited:

Mrrogers1

Veteran Member
TDI
Let me know if you want it.
Thanks man, I was hoping a bad one could be of use.... Spoke to tuner and it cannot. I was hoping the MIL could be tuned out of the valve was open and inoperable. inoperable. I know when mine failed I had a pretty amazing tank while it was stuck open. Problem is, while it could be tuned out, the ability to regen would be lost and since I'm not doing my DPF delete until it fails, that's no good.

Thanks for the offer though!

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

Mrrogers1

Veteran Member
TDI
No mine is still good! It's not broken.
No, I understand that, broken or good wouldn't matter and broken has no value vs good. Speaking of, I think I just someone on the board needing one... I'll PM them and see if they bought yet. Might be able to make a little cash if you're willing to part with it. :eek:

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

jeepnguy

TDI
2011 JSW
Anyone have a class 1 hitch basket I can rent/borrow for a week? Heading to CO and need some extra room.

Thanks

Jeff