FS: 2001 Jetta TDI GLS in Los Angeles

Set to Stun

TDI
No TDI's :(
***SOLD***: 2001 Jetta TDI GLS in Los Angeles

***SOLD***

Hey Folks,

I'm selling my 2001 Jetta GLS TDI. I really don't want to, but I'm moving where I won't need a car anymore. The car runs great. I have taken very good care of it and performed maintenance religiously. It's dark blue with a light tan interior. The asking price is $9500.

First the good:

* 5spd manual
* GLS package: leather interior, moonroof, heated seats, nice wheels (tires are good btw), monsoon sound, heated mirrors, power windows and locks w/ remote for both
* 150k miles and change. Bought the car at 109k. Most of my miles are from driving back and forth across the country -- not stop and go mileage.
* I used Delvac 1 for all oil changes, and changed before every interval without fail. I've kept a log, but it of course does not have many entries in it. I love 10k oil changes.
* engine has also been serviced without fail at every specified interval. filters, fluids, etc.
* timing belt replaced at 109k with a 100k mile belt, no service needed for almost 60k.
* several life prolonging modifications made to the engine (thanks TDI club!)
* one owner before me. I bought the car through a TDI seller in Knoxville TN (National Auto Warehouse, (865) 386-0516). The guys are great mechanics and the engine checked out in pristine condition. The first owner babied it.
* averages 700 miles a tank hwy, into the 600's city. That is driving at or above the speed limit... not driving for optimal mileage.

The bad:

* my neighbor backed into the bumper/fender in December. There was only minor exterior damage (heavy scratching, a dent on the fender), but I had his insurance company fix it at a VW certified shop. I don't know if this will show up on the carfax or not.
* from parking in an overcrowded LA parking lot for a year, there are some dings and scratches around the car from other peoples doors and whatever. nothing out of the ordinary for a 7 year old car though. I will try to give detailed pics of blemishes to prospective buyers.

The ugly:

* The windshield needs replaced. It was recently hit by a rock on the freeway. I had this quoted at $250. I just had a new one put in.
* It needs a new glow plug harness. This costs $75. It is easy to do by yourself with pretty minimal mechanical experience. I ordered the harness and will be installing it as soon as it arrives.

Please contact me with any questions. Specific images available upon request (maybe you want to see something up close?). I can be reached at 615-293-8906 (please leave a message), through PM, or email at shane@artforhumans.com. Thanks!

Last edited:

Set to Stun

TDI
pics

Here are picstures from today after washing. As you can see, the inside is in very good condition. There are light exterior scratches and dings that won't show well in photos, but I can try to get detailed pics for interested parties.

Set to Stun

TDI
Hello, sorry to encroach on your LA turf, but this car is in great condition. I don't know what happened to the guy in that post, but I did my research. They sold me (and others on this board) a fantastic car. I got the heads up and recommendation for them right here. I'm not denying that dude had a bad experience, but I have been driving this car for a year and a half with no issues (except the recent one listed in the post). It's hands-down the best car I've ever owned.

So anyway... People think twice about National Auto Warehouse I guess, but my car was fine.

Want to buy a nice car Harvieux? :)

Harvieux

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
06 A5 Pkg.2 w/navi & ASEP
Set to Stun said:
Hello, sorry to encroach on your LA turf, but this car is in great condition. I don't know what happened to the guy in that post, but I did my research. They sold me (and others on this board) a fantastic car. I got the heads up and recommendation for them right here. I'm not denying that dude had a bad experience, but I have been driving this car for a year and a half with no issues (except the recent one listed in the post). It's hands-down the best car I've ever owned.

So anyway... People think twice about National Auto Warehouse I guess, but my car was fine.

Want to buy a nice car Harvieux? :)
By the looks of it, you have a very nice specimen there. I as well, haven't heard NAW's side of the story but, a bad tranny and sagging headliner is pretty hard to overlook and especially hard to swallow with the buyer being from out of town. Anyhoo, I would love to buy your car but, you should continue marketing privately in an attempt to get the most bacon you can. You would only want to resort to me purchasing your car if all else fails and you need to make her go away knowing that I don't do this as a hobby like some here think I should.:rolleyes: Until then, I wish you the best in your sales quest. Later!

Harvieux

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
06 A5 Pkg.2 w/navi & ASEP
BTW, May I suggest that you repair the GP circuit issue? Most here on this venue will understand that this is not a big deal but, your off the street, average Joe potential customer may not be so understanding with a CEL blaring in their face possibly resulting in the spook factor. A windshield issue is much more easily swallowed, if you know whadda mean. Later!

Set to Stun

TDI
I do know what you mean. If anyone here is interested... I ordered the harness and will be repairing it as soon as it gets here (day or two).

4Gman

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta
Set to Stun said:
Here are picstures from today after washing.
Nice....i love Glendora Ridge Road.;)

Looks like a great car at a great price. I'm surprised it has not sold yet.
Put it up on autotrader or craigslist and it will be sold in no time.
Good luck.

Set to Stun

TDI
I had a new windshield put in today.

I also ordered the glow plug harness from tdiparts.com and will install it the day it arrives.

Thanks for looking!

mrfiat

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI (Reflex Silver) , 2003 Jetta TDI Wagon (Black)
Great price. I paid a bit more for a red 1999 with the leather package with 100K on it. (but with a new timing belt, new tires, new brakes, etc...) I will tell my friends about this car.

Todd

Set to Stun

TDI
Sold

I would suggest to anyone seeling here to post on Autotrader (thanks 4Gman). I sold the car for sticker in price in less than 12 hours. I had emails from across the country!

I'll miss reading everything here and nerding out on my TDI. Enjoy your cars everyone... I'm sure going to miss mine, but not needing to own a vehicle is going to be awesome (going to NYC). Later! :D

4Gman

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta
Good stuff. Im sure the new owner will be happy. Hope you told them to "nerd out" over here also:D
Enjoy NYC and all the public transportation.

Set to Stun said:
I'll miss reading everything here and nerding out on my TDI. Enjoy your cars everyone... I'm sure going to miss mine, but not needing to own a vehicle is going to be awesome (going to NYC). Later! :D