Wouldn't cha know it....

Wouldn\'t cha know it....

First timer here! Ain't life grand! I spent nearly 2 weeks reaseaching cars on the internet, and at the library reading magazines etc..and finally settled on buying a GOLF GL TDI. Went down to the dealer only to find out that this is the rarest car to buy in California. I once heard a lawyer say, "even though you do everything right, life can still kisk you in the ass" How true. LOL! Well, luckily for me, I'm not in a bind and can wait some time before buying, but during my research, I stumbled across this site and boy have you all confirmed my decision!
When do the 2002's start arriving? There is one at the dealer, but it's a GLS automatic
that they are asking $20625. Doesn't that seem kind of high? It was black, so that was strike 3 for me anyway. I want 2 door, manual and any color but black. (too hot, and hard to keep clean) Thanks for any help I get. LOVE THE FORUM!
Dave

M

mickey

Re: Wouldn\'t cha know it....

VW don't have as big a markup at sticker price as many other cars. Plus, they're in demand. If you can get $500 off sticker price on that Golf I'd say you did OK. If you absolutely insist on a Golf GL you might be in for a long wait.

-mickey

Powder Hound

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'00 Golf 4dr White 5sp, '02 Jettachero 5sp, Wife's '03 NB Platinum Gray auto(!)
Re: Wouldn\'t cha know it....

There's a low mileage one on ebay you might try for. Check the for sale forum - there's a thread on it, and the listed url will take you right there.