www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > Upgrades (non TDI Engine related)

Upgrades (non TDI Engine related) The place of handling, lighting and other upgrades that do not relate to the performance or economy of the TDI engine. In other words upgrades to your TDI that don't fit into TDI Fuel Economy & TDI Engine Enhancements.Please note the Performance Disclaimer

Old November 1st, 2014, 17:15   #17251
nkgagne
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: See Fuelly in signature

Swapped wheels over to winters and stuck the mud-flaps back on. Took some time and cleared out the space behind the front fender liners for the first time. Right side: Holy cow! Packed full of a good three pounds of heavy wet mud, but no visible corrosion. Left side: clean as a whistle. Just a few grains of sand. Can you say "strange"?

Bone stock. Dieselgate Stage 1 reflash complete.
nkgagne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2014, 23:22   #17252
Nuje
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 1250km/tank

Quote:
Originally Posted by dremd View Post
I removed the OEM monsoon stereo and started replacing it with a pioneer NEX 4000.
I've got the steering wheel controls working, HD radio working, Bluetooth, butt that's about it so far.
Still left
Reverse camera
Long press steering wheel button for Siri
Update firmware for carplay
Mount the radio in the car
Mount USB/ aux in
Remove dead satellite radio.
Which car of yours is getting the NEX4000? If on your older Jetta, what's your plan for getting a Siri button on your steering wheel?
I have NEX5000 in my '03 wagon with MFSW and would like to rig that up as well.
Nuje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2014, 07:57   #17253
dremd
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuje View Post
Which car of yours is getting the NEX4000? If on your older Jetta, what's your plan for getting a Siri button on your steering wheel?
I have NEX5000 in my '03 wagon with MFSW and would like to rig that up as well.
I put it in the 03, 2014 is remaining stock other than the hitch for the foreseeable future.

My Metra axcess steering wheel controller can be programmed for long presses.
See page 10 of http://contentdocs.installernet.com/...duct/34201.pdf
I'm not sure that the NEX 4000 has anything that it will recognize as Siri though.
I'll keep you guys posted if it works.
I wish I could remember the designers name, super cool guy we met at sema in '12 I've got his card around here if something needs modifying.
2014 JSW (Went back to VW) Emissions? Well, about that . . .
dremd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2014, 08:27   #17254
romad
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killabee228 View Post
Installed puddle lights

Obviously they don't work — no puddles are there (unless you count the "puddles" OF light, that is)!

The fleet:
2005 Jetta Wagon "Cranberry" (bought July 2011)
2004 Toyota Prius (bought August 2004)
1990 Mazda Miata (bought July 1989)
romad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2014, 08:34   #17255
Killabee228
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 52mpg so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by romad View Post
Obviously they don't work — no puddles are there (unless you count the "puddles" OF light, that is)!

Just.. Just wow... Mind blown.

Here's the kit.
http://www.uspmotorsports.com/RFB-LE...Light-Kit.html

But the coding is different then what they posted. With my mk6 all I had to do was check bit 6 in Byte 3. But the rear doors are controlled off of the front can bus. So you have to select the drop down box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
deAutokey Led foglights - Euro Switch - Malone Stage 3 - DieselDubs Downpipe with Res - CR170 Turbo - Aluminum Bumper Cover - 17" Anthracite Goals - Driver Gear Springs - Euro Cup Holder - Anthracite Plasti Dipped Front Emblem - Neuspeed Turbo Discharge Pipe - DarkSide Developments HP EGR Delete - MICRO-CAN VCDS owner
Killabee228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2014, 08:47   #17256
romad
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killabee228 View Post
Just.. Just wow... Mind blown.

Here's the kit.
http://www.uspmotorsports.com/RFB-LE...Light-Kit.html
Looks like it is not for the MK IV models.

The fleet:
2005 Jetta Wagon "Cranberry" (bought July 2011)
2004 Toyota Prius (bought August 2004)
1990 Mazda Miata (bought July 1989)
romad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2014, 13:24   #17257
Killabee228
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 52mpg so far

No only for mk5 and 6

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
deAutokey Led foglights - Euro Switch - Malone Stage 3 - DieselDubs Downpipe with Res - CR170 Turbo - Aluminum Bumper Cover - 17" Anthracite Goals - Driver Gear Springs - Euro Cup Holder - Anthracite Plasti Dipped Front Emblem - Neuspeed Turbo Discharge Pipe - DarkSide Developments HP EGR Delete - MICRO-CAN VCDS owner
Killabee228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2014, 18:28   #17258
Zedbra
Veteran Member

Replaced my cracked glass lenses with plastic ones, painted the inside of my lights, replaced my ballasts and bixenon bulbs - took almost all day but it needed to be done. In order to get to the lights on these older Dubs, you have to remove the whole front bumper. Fun.

Started like this:

Ended like this:

Time for beer(s).

Zedbra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2014, 18:36   #17259
Smalls
Veteran Member

In the process of putting a PD back together and reinstalling it into the car. Got a notification that my parts shipped from idparts.

Have spent WAYY to much cash there over the last few weeks...
Smalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2014, 04:01   #17260
TDI Convert
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: See my signature for Fuelly data

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zedbra View Post
Replaced my cracked glass lenses with plastic ones, painted the inside of my lights, replaced my ballasts and bixenon bulbs - took almost all day but it needed to be done.

Ended like this:

Time for beer(s).
Looks great! Love the dual turn signal mod. Where did you buy new plastic lenses from?

What projectors do you have installed?
Old November 3rd, 2014, 05:41   #17261
k2teddy

Hi Everyone, I searched the forum and couldn't find a thread relating to an issue that we're experiencing with our new 2015 Golf TDI.

Upon receiving the car brand new, a week an a half later, we open up the hood to check oil levels... and to our surprise, there was crystal build up in a section of the car.

We did some research online, and discovered that it could be an Adblue Leak. So we took the car back to the dealer and they held it for a few days, and replaced a part and said that it was indeed a leak. They seemed to emphasize the fact that it would have been dangerous to continue driving the car, and they were glad we brought it in to inspect/fix.

Upon receiving the car back, we drove around for a day, and notice the crystal build up AGAIN!! We are currently out of town, returning on Weds. So the car is now in the garage, untouched, with crystal build up for the next couple of days

Has anyone experienced this with their TDI? What is it exactly?? I want to make sure that the mechanics will target the problem and fix it once and for all!! IT's a waste of time and effort taking the car back to the dealership.

Thanks!
k2teddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2014, 11:09   #17262
crashtested
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by k2teddy View Post
Hi Everyone, I searched the forum and couldn't find a thread relating to an issue that we're experiencing with our new 2015 Golf TDI.

Upon receiving the car brand new, a week an a half later, we open up the hood to check oil levels... and to our surprise, there was crystal build up in a section of the car.

We did some research online, and discovered that it could be an Adblue Leak. So we took the car back to the dealer and they held it for a few days, and replaced a part and said that it was indeed a leak. They seemed to emphasize the fact that it would have been dangerous to continue driving the car, and they were glad we brought it in to inspect/fix.

Upon receiving the car back, we drove around for a day, and notice the crystal build up AGAIN!! We are currently out of town, returning on Weds. So the car is now in the garage, untouched, with crystal build up for the next couple of days

Has anyone experienced this with their TDI? What is it exactly?? I want to make sure that the mechanics will target the problem and fix it once and for all!! IT's a waste of time and effort taking the car back to the dealership.

Thanks!

Adblue? In a Golf?

I know I'm stuck back in 2010 but has this really happened?
Old November 3rd, 2014, 13:30   #17263
MikeS_18
Veteran Member

Drove to the local dealer and got two adblue 1/2 gallon dispensers for about $14 total.

Much better than the $25 that you end up paying any online retailer after shipping.
MikeS_18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2014, 13:49   #17264
k2teddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashtested View Post
Adblue? In a Golf?

I know I'm stuck back in 2010 but has this really happened?
Yup, as part of the new 2015 model...
k2teddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2014, 17:29   #17265
MikeS_18
Veteran Member

I just added the adblue to the passat. The extent to which the dealer got crystals all over the trunk area is now proven to be ridiculous. It's not that hard. Equate it to a gas jockey who get gas all over your fender cause he can;t put the hose in the hole. geez.
MikeS_18 is offline   Reply With Quote