tuned and deleted question

2002tdi

Vendor
TDI
2012 jetta premier DSG
Looking at a 14 passat dsg CKRA car i plan on buying. how does a deleted and tuned passat run? Is it a huge difference in performance and mpg? I coming back from the bmw diesel world and a tuned/deleted 335d is a rocket. just curious if I will get bored with the passat

yahmon

Veteran Member
TDI
04 passat tdi 6spd stage2 webasto TC3 , 04 passatW8 6 spd, 10 Jetta TDI 6spd stage 1
40 hp and 80 nm gain with stock trim, not going to catch the 335

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
small vs big, FWD vs RWD

NMS is more a great grand touring car, I honestly can't think of anything better (for the price and MPG). It'll gobble up highway miles, but as stock, it's ride is more Buick than sport.

Toss some suspension at the NMS and it's pretty decent. I'd recommend Koni sport active (FSD) as well as a rear bar. So far we have a 24mm H&R RSB on our '15 Passat with a malone tune, it scoots pretty darn good around town and fun to squeeze the torque out of it, but by no means is it "fast", especially if you are pushing it above 80mph.

Owain@malonetuning

Associate Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
PD jetta wagon
Not as big of a difference power wise, helps with economy and reliability similarly. On the bmw it's a solid 40-50whp with similar EMPs and an additional 4 psi (stage 2 stock hardware vs 2.9 for example).

A CR190 hybrid with deletes vs stock turbo stock hardware with an aggressive tune would be a more comparable % increase to the bmw.