TDIFest 2015 Carpooling Thread

compu_85

Gadget Guy
TDI
... None :S
TDIFest is coming! Here's a place where those wanting to share a ride can coordinate :cool:

I'll start :eek:

Because of work it looks like I'll have to fly into Maine on Friday. I'd be arriving at the Portland International Jetport at either Noon or 2PM depending on which flight I pick.

Since it's right off of I95 it would be easy for someone to pick me up and it would save VeeDubTDI 4 hours drive time. Is anyone available to stop by?

Thanks!

-Jason

Last edited:

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
I'll be visiting friends in CT, RI, MA, NH, and VT on the way up to and back from the Fest. Once I put everything on the map I'll see how it works into the route. Seems like it should be a possibility.

compu_85

Gadget Guy
TDI
... None :S
That will work great!!!

I still need to find someone to catch a ride back with. If you're heading down 95 through Virginia on Monday let me know if you have an extra seat :)

-J

meerschm

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 Jetta wagon DSG 08/08 205k buyback 1/8/18; replaced with 2017 Golf Wagon 4mo 1.8l CXBB
Probably have a seat. (assuming I don't talk myself out of the return drive on the Monday holiday)

Wife said, have fun. she is not interested if all the snow is gone. now if this was January, she would be all over it.

Abacus

That helpful B4 guy
TDI
Only the B4V left
Because of work it looks like I'll have to fly into Maine on Friday. I'd be arriving at the Portland International Jetport at either Noon or 2PM depending on which flight I pick.

Since it's right off of I95 it would be easy for someone to pick me up and it would save VeeDubTDI 4 hours drive time. Is anyone available to stop by?

Thanks!

-Jason
Jason,

I am picking Aaron (+1) from BoraParts up at the airport but am not sure when his flight arrives. If it's close to that time I can grab you as well since the wagon has plenty of room. I'm only 75 minutes away anyway if not.

Last edited:

vwUMO

TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
2003 JSW TDI 5MT ,2012 Jetta TDI 6MT, 2013 jetta TDI 6MT
Worst case i can come grab you guys. Its 1:15hrs airport to bethel with a tailwind. :). I do it a few times a week so whats one more trip

Dieselgeek

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2016 Golf TDI
I am flying into Portland on Thursday evening. I rented a car and wondered if anyone else needs a ride from Portland to the Fest on Friday morning. After the Fest, my plane leaves 1:21 p.m. on Monday afternoon from Portland so I plan on heading for the airport after a leisurely breakfast, prolly around 10-10:30ish. If anyone needs a ride then lemme know.

Last edited:

cfc1016

TDI
2003 ALH Wagon Auto; 2001 Beetle 5spd
That will work great!!!

I still need to find someone to catch a ride back with. If you're heading down 95 through Virginia on Monday let me know if you have an extra seat :)

-J
I'll be driving back to old town (alexandria) when I leave. I will have a visit-stop in boston and another in millis on monday, but my terminus is much closer to springfield than baltimore is. As long as you're not scared of/deathly allergic to dogs, I can offer a spare seat for the ride back.

-Colin

Last edited:

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
I just booked my flight into Portland and my room at the hotel for the weekend. I haven't rented a car yet and wondered if anyone else would like to split the car rental for the weekend and travel together. I arrive Thursday evening and plan on staying in Portland that evening and then driving up on Friday. After the Fest, my plane leaves 1:21 p.m. on Monday afternoon from Portland so I plan on heading for the airport after a leisurely breakfast, prolly around 10-10:30ish. If anyone sees a way to work it out lemme know.
It will be great to see you again Jim!

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
I'll be driving back to old town (alexandria) when I leave. I will have a visit-stop in boston and another in millis on monday, but my terminus is much closer to springfield than baltimore is. As long as you're not scared of/deathly allergic to dogs, I can offer a spare seat for the ride back.

-Colin
I am driving up on Thurs and back on Monday

cfc1016

TDI
2003 ALH Wagon Auto; 2001 Beetle 5spd
I am driving up on Thurs and back on Monday
He might be better off coming back with you - read: more comfortable . I'll have [likely] 2 passengers plus a cattledog already, as well as cargo. I'll also be making leisurely stops in the boston area on the way back.