FS: 91 Jetta Turbo Diesel + parts

schrodiggity

TDI
91 Jetta TD
1991 Volkswagen Jetta Turbo Diesel + many extra parts
White with gray cloth interior, 122000 miles, 5 speed manual, 4 door, sunroof, hitch.

Selling because I got a new job, bought a new truck, and don’t have much time for projects anymore. This was my daily driver/winter car.

Originally a German-built Wolfsburg Edition GL-trim 1.6L EcoDiesel, I converted it to a Turbo Diesel by swapping in a larger T3 turbo and boost-enrichment injection pump. It overheated and jumped timing right after I bought it, so to be safe I pulled the head to check valves and pistons. I replaced the head gasket, valve cover gasket, timing belt, v-belts, glow plugs, fuel filter, rear motor mount, tie rods, ball joints, front brake pads and rotors, struts and mounts, shocks and mounts, and the windshield.

I have a big pile of parts that will be included with the car:

Gauge cluster with tach
Boost gauge
Intercooler from a g60 Corrado
2 1.6L diesel blocks, one with good clutch and tranny attached
3 turbo diesel heads
3 turbo manifolds
2 turbos
3 injector pumps
2 alternators
4 complete doors
And a box or two of miscellaneous hardware, interior parts, trim pieces, and other engine parts.

The manifolds, turbos, oil pans and fittings are popular for 8 valve turbo conversions, and the injector pumps go for $100-200 a piece, up to $400 rebuilt. Anyone with time to list this stuff for sale could make a lot of money.

The car is in good shape overall, and mechanically very sound. There’s a patch of peeling clear coat on the hood, a couple dents on fenders and doors, and some spots of surface rust -- none bigger than a dime, and no panels are rusted through. I installed a block heater, which is necessary for a diesel on winter mornings in Buffalo, but it starts every time. Compression is within factory specs, but it does burn some oil, and smokes a bit until it warms up. It’s pretty quick for a 1.6L diesel, handles great with lowered springs and upgraded shocks/struts, and gets over 40mpg.

Asking $2000, call Dave at (716) 465-6076, or email schrodiggity[at]hotmail.com. Located in Buffalo, NY.

** pics coming this week! **

GRW

TDI
2011 Jetta Sportwagon TDI
To bad you are located in "Buffalo, NY"
I am north of Seattle WA.
The shipping would be a killer

schrodiggity

TDI
91 Jetta TD
Sorry for the delay on pictures.

The missing door trim has been at my buddy's shop since I’ve owned the car, but I'm picking it up tomorrow. I also have 3 of 4 center caps. Inspection is current, and the car needs nothing to be driven home.

schrodiggity

TDI
91 Jetta TD
70% tread left on front tires, 80% on rears:

The blocks are from turbo diesels. The complete engine/tranny was running when it was pulled, but I don’t know much about the other parts. Everything is at the very least rebuildable, a lot of it is good to go.

I've received lots of calls and emails from people interested in specific parts, just the car, and just the parts. I’m not selling individual parts, sorry. I'd rather get rid of everything at once for $2000, but I’ll take $1600 for the car alone, and $600 for all the parts. Anyone who knows the current market for diesels, how rare Volkswagen TDs are, and how much these parts go for will tell you that this is very reasonable. I’ve put a lot of work into this car, and if I could keep it, I would! Don’t hesitate to call or email with any questions.