Chris Farnham

ajay

TDI
2006 Jetta TDI campanella white, anthracite leather, package 2
I just arrived home after purchasing an '06 Jetta TDI package 2 from Chris Farnham. Aside from being quite pleased with the car and its pricing, I do want to state what a pleasant experience it has been dealing with Chris. Chris gave me the most thorough orientation to the car's controls and systems that I ever had. He walked me through all the paperwork, etc, with absolutely no BS.
He is also extremely thoughtful. I needed a loaner car because the purchaser of my trade in was ready to buy before my new car arrived from CT (where Chris traded a car to get me mine). Chris had his used car manager find me a loaner that was the same make and year as my traded car so that I would be familiar with controls and instruments. That's what I call service! He also brought a bowl of water for my dog while we waited to complete documents, etc.
Yes, all the superlatives I read about dealing with Chris is true!

Bio-Beetle

Veteran Member
Yes, Chris is great to deal with. We bought 4 cars from him and it was nice to fly from Maui to Philadelphia and for everything to go so smoothly.

M&M

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 Jetta TDI
don't mean to detract from the original thread, but Bio-Beetle, you say you bought 4 cars from Chris, any issues with corrosion/rust underneath the car (or body) from the salt that the East Coast uses on their roads in the winter?

Bio-Beetle

Veteran Member
M&M said:
don't mean to detract from the original thread, but Bio-Beetle, you say you bought 4 cars from Chris, any issues with corrosion/rust underneath the car (or body) from the salt that the East Coast uses on their roads in the winter?
No rust issues at all. We bought these cars new in November 2005 and January 2006.

dieseldorf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
ex- 1996 wagon, ex-2000 Jetta
ajay said:
I just arrived home after purchasing an '06 Jetta TDI package 2 from Chris Farnham.
Ajay, wasn't that easy! ;)

ajay

TDI
2006 Jetta TDI campanella white, anthracite leather, package 2
easy

It sure was easy. Color is Campanella White with anthracite leather.
Thanks.
Now, to decide about upgrading head/tail lights and maybe swaybar.

no-blue-screen

TDI Nut
TDI
TDI
Bio-Beetle said:
Yes, Chris is great to deal with. We bought 4 cars from him and it was nice to fly from Maui to Philadelphia and for everything to go so smoothly.
Chris is a great guy to deal with. I got mine from him about a month ago. Still waiting for my TDI emblem though :D

Holy crap....All the way from HI to philly:eek:

How much did it cost you to have it shipped if you don't mind my asking?

Bio-Beetle

Veteran Member
no-blue-screen said:
Holy crap....All the way from HI to philly:eek:

How much did it cost you to have it shipped if you don't mind my asking?
We drove the cars to Los Angeles and the shipping cost from LA to Maui is $975. Believe it or not, at the time we saved money over buying these cars from our local VW dealers.

no-blue-screen

TDI Nut
TDI
TDI
Bio-Beetle said:
We drove the cars to Los Angeles and the shipping cost from LA to Maui is $975. Believe it or not, at the time we saved money over buying these cars from our local VW dealers.
I don't find that hard to believe. With the price I got from Chris, even if it had cost me $975 to ship it, I still would have come about around $500 less than sticker....which I am sure your local VW dealer would charge at least sticker for the car....there are a lot of them now marking these cars up anywhere from 3-5k over sticker. So you still easily came out ahead. You would think it would cost a lot more to ship it to HI though....wow...what a long trip. Contragtz on the new car though!

tdimark

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 TDI
i bought my 2006 TDI value edition from Chris and will be back for my next new one when the time comes. good honest salesman with no bs.