What did you do to your car today?

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
next you should do front wiper delete, that'd make it look extra clean!!!

noplug

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta GLS
Installed Panzer plate and full metal jackets. nice protection and well made.
Good peace of mind now!!:D
Especially with all the potholes here in the Mid-Atlantic!:eek:

Last edited:

qmark

Veteran Member
TDI
03 VW Golf
front wiper delete holy ****...!!! rain x here i come.....!!! now to find some nitwit in NH to tell me what cool mod to do next...;)

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
qmark said:
front wiper delete holy ****...!!! rain x here i come.....!!! now to find some nitwit in NH to tell me what cool mod to do next...;)
i'm just hear to help!

Farfromovin

Torque Addict
TDI
03 Golf 2dr- PD150 6m
swapped injectors #1/#2 to try to find out my imbalance issue and installed a new chip in my ECU. Gettin' a little torquier :)

blacksheep

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 JETTA TDI GLS
Had 2 CEL's, replaced coolant sensor & glow plugs. No more CEL's!

Replaced air filter, did a 100k timing job, Aligator level 1 custom tune. I'm a happy camper let's just say! :)

midntdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf SE 6SP
ran it into the rear end of my friend's 2009 jetta 2.5... no one was injured and minor damage to our cars will take pics in the light tomorrow, what a great day

WVU TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat SE 6m
Ran it through the carwash - hey, we're supposed to be snowless for a couple days in a row! - and cleaned out the inside a little.

SCM.com

Veteran Member
TDI
Mr. Guetta - 2014 Jetta TDI Trimline +
Installed my DIGI Z in 10 minutes... and WOW!!! ;)
Thanks for the Customer Support, Joe!

-M.

Last edited:

FlyTDI04

TDI
04 Jetta
was changing rear brakes and snapped a brake line and now have to wait till Monday for the part to be special ordered through VW

blacksheep

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 JETTA TDI GLS
Darn, that blows! Might be able to get one faster and at a better deal at a junk yard. And if you see a GTI, upgrade :)

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
Schmutz, 2015 Golf Sportwagen DSG & Schnurren, 2001 Golf GL 2 door 5M
pulled my new cam & lifters to verify that I did get the correct ALH Lifters. I did. they are still noisy.

Installed an oil pressure gage into the Head Galley plug. 60psi cold, 20psi warm.
guess now I need to route it into the cabin so I can watch it or at the least I need to attach it to a wiper or something so I can see what it does while I am driving.

Have no idea why these new lifters are so noisy. I will most likely suck it up and replace them, but I hate to spend money on the wrong thing.

does anyone else have any ideas about what the oil pressure should look like while you are driving? should it be rock steady? should it go up & down?

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
Schmutz, 2015 Golf Sportwagen DSG & Schnurren, 2001 Golf GL 2 door 5M
Stock ALH cam & Lifters from a reputable parts vendor here.

Spoke at length with Franko6 this evening..

I need to get me some oil like what I used to run, and perhaps some zddp additive and see if having a thicker oil in there will quiet them down.

I have had the car for 40k miles.
my first two oil changes were with Rotella T 5w40
3rd one was a PD Total 5w30
recent one was with the M1 TDT 5w40. its been in there for about 3k miles.

old lifters started making noise two weeks ago after my first stumbling issue (thnk it may be an IP issue with the Quantity Adjuster, but still sorting that one out)

replaced cam & lifters with what i had on the shelf 2 weeks ago. new ones are making almost the same noise as my old cam & lifters.. hard to tell if its any worse or not. its been 2 weeks.

Frank seems to think that me changing oil types might have cleaned out or got some schmutz into the system that has sludged up the lifters. They are not pumping up fully since the oil seems to be thinner. He is hoping that I can get some thicker oil (or some thickening additive) into the system and see what that does.

if that doesnt help then I guess I need to get another set of lifters and cam to put in it. and change the oil.. fun.

I wanna get this behind me so I can put my new toy (IDParts 17/22) on and feel comfortable with doing it.

blacksheep

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 JETTA TDI GLS
When you replaced your cam and lifters, did you coat them with cam/lifter oil before starting the motor? I did on mine as its required from what the shop taught me....

Bob_Fout

Oil Wanker
TDI
2003 Jetta - Alaska Green (sold) / 2015 GTI 2.0T
PhilsTDI06 said:
I installed a K&N Hi flow intake and it sounds alot nicer. Only thing is where does the second air tube go?!!!
It, along with the rest of the intake, goes back into the box and returned.

SCM.com

Veteran Member
TDI
Mr. Guetta - 2014 Jetta TDI Trimline +
Bob_Fout said:
It, along with the rest of the intake, goes back into the box and returned.
+1! rofl... Any sort of oiled filter is a big no-no with the TDI.

Just checked the AFE and not a speck of dust inside the intake tubing! :)

-M.