www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > Audi SUVs (Q7 & Q5) and other V6 TDIs

Audi SUVs (Q7 & Q5) and other V6 TDIs Discussions area for Audi Q7 and Q5 TDI (2009+ in Canada & the US) as well as others with the V6 TDI such as the A6, A7 and A8 sedans.

Old February 8th, 2019, 16:46   #1
j2112morris

Fuel Economy: 30-35 mpg
Default Stealth Hitches

https://stealthhitches.com
Anyone have any experience with these hitches? I'm looking at adding one to my Q5. The cost is comparable to if I purchased, installed, and then had the dealer reprogram so it functioned properly.
Thank you. Drive safe.
j2112morris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2019, 04:27   #2
hskrdu
Veteran Member

I have never seen these until your post. Looks a US alternative to Bosal/Westy removable swan necks, but with a square receiver ready to go. The big difference (of course) is that the Bosal/Westy design often slots into the frame, beyond just bolting on. The Stealth Hitch cost is also a factor- the Torklift Ecohitch mounts in the same way, with a traditional design (not removable), but is less than $300 (at least for Mk7 VWs's, I didn't check for Audis).
Old February 11th, 2019, 14:21   #3
trae
Veteran Member

Have always had good luck with U-Haul Hitches. Not so much for the stealth factor though.
Old February 13th, 2019, 15:17   #4
sbbamafan

Talking

I got a Stealth hitch on my Q5 about a month ago. It is the greatest thing ever!! I have not towed my boat with it yet (it is still a bit cold) but I have hauled my bike a couple of times. I love that there is absolutely no clanking or banging and how it is so tight.

It is also great that you cannot even tell it is there. It is a great conversation starter with some of my truck driving friends when I say "I just got my trailer hitch" and they look at my Q5 and inevitably say "When are you gonna put it on?" and I tell them it is already there and I show it to them and see this look of amazement when they see how it works.

It really is a quality product. It is evident everything from the way they ship it to the way it is packaged to the quality of construction. I know I sound like I must work for them or something but I don't. It is just one of those rare products that has just amazed me.
sbbamafan is offline   Reply With Quote