mirror turn signal replacement

crdouger

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 & 06 jetta TDI's
The blinker stopped working in my drivers side mirror on my 2013 passat. I ordered a replacement but haven't been able to find instructions or a video on how to take the mirror apart to replaced the lighting element. Anybody know how these mirror housings come apart? I'm afraid of cracking something plastic by prying the wrong way in the wrong spot at the wrong time.

Thanks for the help!!

jetlagmech

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 jetta
there were several video's on how to do it for my 2010. I found a used mirror assy so took that one apart first for practice before disassembling the one off the car. Job was simple and easy. Good luck. They probably "updated" the mirror assy so home mechanics couldn't do it.

Ccyt

TDI
B5 Passat 2010 GTI
Make sure it’s just the blinker it self, I had to replaced a module that it’s inside passenger door panel because it had a short, but not just the blinker didn’t work but also on that same door the lock and unlock wouldn’t work. But the up and down will work. It was weird

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jetlagmech

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 jetta
I just searched youtube and found several videos for MK6 mirror turn signal replacement. looked like it was still same as my 2010.

Nero Morg

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 A6 TDI, 2001 Jetta TDI, 2014 Passat TDI
Where'd you get the blinker? My wife's right side hasn't worked since we got it, haven't tried looking yet.

crdouger

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 & 06 jetta TDI's
For anybody trying to do this, this is the closest video I found.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTF35F_BQW8

I don't think you need to remove the mirror to replace the blinker. Be careful when you pry the main color cover off the forward facing side, there are two clips on the top that I broke off. I'm not sure how to avoid that, but the top of the cover needs to lift up a little bit as it slides forward toward the front bumper. Good luck!